ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application over 2 years no result

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Pat85
Newly Registered
Chad

Citizenship application over 2 years no result

Post by Pat85 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:31 pm

i summited my application in July 2019 and my fingerprint done in August 2019 and since then they have approved yet . 5 month after the application they said they will not be able to make a decision within the 6 months. My lawyer who did my application asked for an update in June 2021 and they emailed him with a generic email saying they are still doing some checks regarding good behaviour. I don’t know what to do anymore. I sought asylum in 2008 and was rejected but made the first appeal , was rejected and second appeal was granted (the process of those 2 appeals took almost 3 years). In 2013 I was given 5 years and in 2018 got my indefinite leave to remain and July 2019 I applied for my citizenship. Please any advice will be appreciated. Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Citizenship application over 2 years no result

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:30 pm

Have you contacted your MP? Maybe (s)/he can help - not guaranteed but perhaps worth a try. https://members.parliament.uk/FindYourMP
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Pat85
Newly Registered
Chad

Post by Pat85 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:08 pm

That's a lot I will try that.

Sk22
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Sk22 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:03 pm

Hi what happened to your application?? I waiting for 1.5 years now. MP is just kicking the can down the road.. not sure what I can do . I didn’t use a lawyer to apply.. is there any legal route I can pursue ??

MRWESTLONDON
Newly Registered

Post by MRWESTLONDON » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:02 am

My application took 19 months to process but it was good news in the end. All the best👍