ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT HELP needed - application enquiry

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kbtj
Newly Registered
Philippines

URGENT HELP needed - application enquiry

Post by kbtj » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:18 am

Hi,

I have submitted my online application for ILR last month (August 21) and is set for my biometrics next week (September 21). I currently have a Tier-2 visa and will expire next year.

I left the country for a holiday last week (September 8-13) and was wondering if this will affect my application? I have read that one MUST not leave the country whilst awaiting for decision.

However, from what I have understood is, the decision processing will only start after I appear on my biometric application or have I already forfeited my application? :(

Anon123B
Newly Registered

Re: URGENT HELP needed - application enquiry

Post by Anon123B » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:38 pm

Hi,

The 'waiting time' on your application starts as soon as you have submitted your online application. In your case, your waiting/decision time has already started. This only ends once you receive a decision letter.

The general rule is that if you leave the UK during the waiting time i.e., before a decision has been made, your application will be treated as being withdrawn and you will no longer be treated as having applied to the Immigration Office. For you, this means that your application is likely to be treated as if no application was made and you may need to submit a new application.

Thank you,
Zed :)