ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Replacement BRP ‘original’ passport

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Twerg421
Newly Registered
Argentina

Replacement BRP ‘original’ passport

Post by Twerg421 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:43 pm

I received my FLR(M) a year ago, shortly after getting married.

My new passport has been issued in my married name. I am now in the process of applying for a replacement BRP in my married name. I have been using my maiden name up until now.

Under the ‘documents’ section of the UKVI application form, it says this:
You must provide your documents after you submit your application, these can be originals or copies. Any passports provided must be originals.

You will be able to upload copies of your documents on our commercial partner's website, or you can take your documents to your biometrics appointment to be scanned and uploaded by our commercial partner for a fee. You'll be told how to book an appointment and upload your documents after you submit your application.

You do not need to send any physical documents to the Home Office or UK Visas & Immigration unless you are advised to do so.
Does this mean I have to send in/provide my physical passport? Or can I still upload the scan of it online and that will be fine? I’m confused by what the difference is between “originals” and “copies” if everything is just scanned in anyway.

dr_crow
Newly Registered
Argentina

Re: Replacement BRP ‘original’ passport

Post by dr_crow » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:06 pm

When you go to the appointment for taking biometrics, they will ask for your original passports to double check that what you uploaded to the system corresponds with reality. After that they give them back to you.

as they say in the last sentence, only in very special cases they will ask you to actually send them in.