ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refugee Status and DFA asking original passport

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Saab313
Ireland

Refugee Status and DFA asking original passport

Post by Saab313 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:31 pm

Hi need help on this matter

I'm Refugee and applied Irish Passport on 10th July
Received email asking to Submit Original passport and identity card
I don't have these documents because I already submitted to Department when I seeking asylum.

I already tell to passport office that I don't have because I'm Refugee and submit to IPO office Dublin
Passport office still asking original passport and they can't proceed my application without these documents.

I contacted to IPO office they saying they don't have anymore file in this office you need to Contact MDU Unit Department of Justice

So I contacted to MDU Unit they saying your passport is held by immigration if you required it's may impact Negative on your decision because you can't hold a passport because you are Refugee

So What I'm supposed to do any help

Highly appreciated

Shaz4jazz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Refugee Status and DFA asking original passport

Post by Shaz4jazz » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:59 pm

Hi,
In my check list for passport application it was saying original passport from your country of origin if you have. I also don't send mine. I am in doubt as well from your post.
Any way a friend of mine last yes send them the same declaration when we apply for neutralisation application that he doesn't hold any passport apart from travel document. As in our cases I think we have to send a declaration sign and attested by a solicitor stating our situation. That's what he sent last year and got his passport. I applied on 1st August this year and waiting in tracking it's says 'your documents has been processed'
Calm down and send a declaration hope it will work.

Dodi412
Ireland

Post by Dodi412 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:29 pm

I’m the same guys.. please keep us updated.. i applied early August and still waiting for my documents to be scanned and checked.

Saab313
Ireland

Post by Saab313 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:10 am

Yes I did same thing with Citizenship send a Affidavit that I don't have any passport except Travel documents.
But DFA don't listen anything they assist me to get passport and national identity card from DOJ which is strange how these all departments work without any collaboration .
I received this email after 40 days look like the whole process will start again.

Saab313
Ireland

Post by Saab313 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:58 pm

Hi
I sent them additional documents like Refugee status letter from DOJ and affidavit that I can't obtain my country passport .

Today when I check tracking bar it's shows I have to wait another 40 days till 19th November.
It's so frustrating the way the doing

Shaz4jazz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shaz4jazz » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:19 pm

Yes it is. Let hope they accept it. I do not think they really need it as it's already established through our PPS number. And other documents we provided.

zoie777777
Pakistan

Post by zoie777777 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:11 pm

Saab313 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:31 pm
Hi need help on this matter

I'm Refugee and applied Irish Passport on 10th July
Received email asking to Submit Original passport and identity card
I don't have these documents because I already submitted to Department when I seeking asylum.

I already tell to passport office that I don't have because I'm Refugee and submit to IPO office Dublin
Passport office still asking original passport and they can't proceed my application without these documents.

I contacted to IPO office they saying they don't have anymore file in this office you need to Contact MDU Unit Department of Justice

So I contacted to MDU Unit they saying your passport is held by immigration if you required it's may impact Negative on your decision because you can't hold a passport because you are Refugee

So What I'm supposed to do any help

Highly appreciated
you can let this matter handle by the solicitor, as by law you are not a refugee anymore you are a irish citizen and can obtain your national passport because your refugee restriction has over now, and it won't effect on any of your application at best of my knowledge, but again solicitor can send them letter which explains and thing will get smooth for you IA.

Saab313
Ireland

Post by Saab313 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:19 pm

Just for update
Yesterday I received my Original Documents back like Certificate, Birth Certificate, Driving License etc .

Just wondering it's Normal they can send Documents early even my passport is not due till 19th Nov.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:51 pm

What does your online tracker say?

Note that you can contact your local TD and ask them to submit a parliamentary question to the minister of foreign affairs. That’s easier than going back and forth with the passport office, as the staff are just following rules and they don’t really have authority to override the normal policies. Contacting the minister will make these things faster.

Saab313
Ireland

Post by Saab313 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:13 am

I applied in 8 July and Tracking shows 10 September issue date
Resubmitted additional documents on 10 September Tracking bar Show 15 November .

Shaz4jazz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shaz4jazz » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:22 am

Saab313 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:13 am
I applied in 8 July and Tracking shows 10 September issue date
Resubmitted additional documents on 10 September Tracking bar Show 15 November .
If you got some documents back it means they have already scanned and checked it. Do not worry. Have they asked you for additional documents by post or via email?