ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cifas warning (Victim of Impersonation)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shreakh
Sri Lanka

Cifas warning (Victim of Impersonation)

Post by Shreakh » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:43 am

hi, I was in the UK as a student during 2010-2014 and left UK in late 2014. I'm planning to go back to UK for a masters degree in Jan 2022. I just checked my credit report and noticed that I have a Cifas warning (Victim of Impersonation - Credit file request). Can this affect my student visa application?

When I investigate the date of this record, I noticed that this has been added on the same day when I try to login to one of my other credit reports (say A) which I couldn't gain access due to incorrect passwords. But later I managed to get the credit report by the other agency (say B) and then only I saw the Cifas entry in my B's credit report and it's date is exactly the date I tried to access the A's credit report..

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Cifas warning (Victim of Impersonation)

Post by sah10406 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:28 am

Shreakh wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:43 am
Can this affect my student visa application?
The eligibility for any visa requires that you meet the substantive criteria for the type of visa, and that you do not fail under the General grounds for refusal. These are where someone has a criminal conviction, previous immigration breaches, espoused terrorism, etc.

Bad credit is not a ground for refusal, but if you are concerned you can speak to the international student adviser at your sponsor institution.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.