ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bit confused so Gurus please help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

London507986
Mood:
Pakistan

Bit confused so Gurus please help

Post by London507986 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:37 pm

family visa applications from Pakistan: Wife and 2 kids

Today i have received an email from UKVI as below

Thank you for your application for entry clearance for which you used the submission without passport service. Your application has now been assessed, please submit your passport to the visa application centre where you submitted your application
Please would you submit your passport to the visa application centre within 21 calendar days of the receipt of this email. Failure to do so may result in your application being lapsed. Please also submit a copy of this email so that the visa application centre will accept your passports
Kind Regards,
UK Decision Making Centre

We have already handed over our passports to VFS Global Lahore on the day we had our fingerprints done so just wondering why UKVI saying submission without passport service and requesting passports when already with visa centre
Any ideas about the outcome from this automated email?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Bit confused so Gurus please help

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:51 pm

London507986 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:37 pm

Thank you for your application for entry clearance for which you used the submission without passport service. Your application has now been assessed, please submit your passport to the visa application centre where you submitted your application
Please would you submit your passport to the visa application centre within 21 calendar days of the receipt of this email. Failure to do so may result in your application being lapsed. Please also submit a copy of this email so that the visa application centre will accept your passports
Kind Regards,

We have already handed over our passports to VFS Global Lahore on the day we had our fingerprints done so just wondering why UKVI saying submission without passport service and requesting passports when already with visa centre
Did you use the "keep my passport service" or not? That is the primary concern here so contact them to clarify this.
The outcome of the application can only be confirmed when you get your passport and or enclosed documents back.
Any other reply on hear will be guess work or educated guess at best based on previous applicants outcomes.

London507986
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by London507986 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:47 pm

VFS took our passports when we went there to have our fingerprints done. I have been issued a slip that shows confirmation of passports held by them. Now asking again to submit passports is a bit confusing. Anyway I have already sent an email in which I have explained the whole situation so lets wait and see what come out from there

Adil9898
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Adil9898 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:36 pm

We got the Same email and we have contacted VSF they have confirmed that they did submit our pass port To UK VI and it should be with them. But no one is getting back from UK VI to confirm. What was the out come for yours or you are still waiting?

London507986
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by London507986 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:55 am

No, we are still waiting UKVI decision. How did you contact VFS? did you walk in or called or emailed them?

Adil9898
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Adil9898 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:22 am

I sent email on “ Customercare@vfsglobal.com
And below is the response that I got from them.

————————————-/-
Dear xxxx,

Thank you for your patience.

We would like to inform you that Visa Application Centre will contact you once the passport is ready for collection.

In addition, we request you to ignore the email you received, your documents are in safe hands.

In case of further queries, please feel free to reply to the same email and we will be glad to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Xxxxx
VFS Global Customer Care

——————————

In addition to this I have also sent and paid Query to UK VI services For which I am expecting a response by Monday. They charge £2.74p And take it back to you in two working days.

London507986
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by London507986 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:06 am

I have emailed UKVI and received their response after 3 days. UKVI says it has been forwarded to relevant team and someone will contact me shortly. Its peace of mind to know that vfs has told you to ignore UKVI email but real answer will be giving by UKVI. Please Keep sharing updates as we are in same boat

Adil9898
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Adil9898 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:09 pm

Perfect! I will keep you updated with the progress.
if You receive the outcome before me Please share this on this platform this will give me a piece of mind. I also consulted with a couple of lawyers. They said it could be an email sent in error, Also I was advised this email is a good indication as well as they used to send this email in the past only to those whose application was successful. I’ve been told that before they were not collecting the passport Upon submission. They used to request the passport only when they were about to award the Visa.

On last Friday I spoke to a senior manager in Gerry Islamabad office, I was assured that my passport has not been lost. He advised me that you have received an email on old format And I don’t need to worry.

Ideally when you receive this email, Within three weeks on word you should get an email confirmation from Gerrys to come and collect your passport.

Please keep in the loop As to what happens to your application. Are yet to receive response from UK VI, Once I receive the response from them I’ll share with you. lets see If I get the same response as you.

Theunknownusername
Wales

Post by Theunknownusername » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:01 am

London507986 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:37 pm

Kind Regards,

Quick question, did you apply with the priority or non-priority service for the visa?

London507986
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by London507986 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:06 am

Non priority

Theunknownusername
Wales

Post by Theunknownusername » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:08 am

London507986 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:06 am
Non priority
I have to say I'm astonished at the speed at which your visa application was processed. Jealous in fact!

As for your question, from browsing the forum almost every day for the last 2 months, these sorts of mistake emails are sent by UKVI quite often. It seems like you've done all the steps and confirmed with VFS that they have your passports and forwarded that info to UKVI. Hopefully they will pick this up asap and get them back to you so you can know the outcome.

Good luck!

London507986
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by London507986 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:26 pm

This is what i heard from VFS

As per the update received from the concerned team, you did not avail "Keep my Passport" service, and the passports were already submitted and are under process in Islamabad. You received the email directly from the mission. As your passports are already under process, kindly ignore the below email.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:09 pm

London507986 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:26 pm
This is what i heard from VFS

As per the update received from the concerned team, you did not avail "Keep my Passport" service, and the passports were already submitted and are under process in Islamabad. You received the email directly from the mission. As your passports are already under process, kindly ignore the below email.
Means you got you concern clarified. So await further updates on decision and passport pick up.

Adil9898
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Adil9898 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:15 pm

this is VSF claiming but i am not getting any answer from UK VI. I did raise a paid query online like 5 days ogo but still I did not head back from them.
Do they usually take that long to respond?

Theunknownusername
Wales

Post by Theunknownusername » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:00 pm

Adil9898 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:15 pm
this is VSF claiming but i am not getting any answer from UK VI. I did raise a paid query online like 5 days ogo but still I did not head back from them.
Do they usually take that long to respond?
Think they are just busy, consider the HO is dealing with a lot of visa applications (Afghanistan situation and covid).

Don't panic! They won't forget you.

London507986
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by London507986 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:41 am

If you have emailed UKVI and in return you should receive 2 automated emails. The one with your payment details by the payment handler on behalf of UKVI and another from UKVI with your enquiry reference number. If you have not received the one with enquiry reference reference number then it means you are not going to receive any reply because a reference number has not been allocated to your question. It has happened to my 1st paid email so after waiting for few days, again i emailed UKVI and this time i received my enquiry reference number email too and then i heard from UKVI about the issue i have raised in 3 days.
If you have not heared yet, send another email and i hope you will receive their response in few days.

Adil9898
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Adil9898 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:46 am

Thanks, I raised another query and this time is was issued with reference number. Also i got the reply and they have asked for further information which i have provided. Lets see what they say now.

London507986
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by London507986 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:22 pm

NEW UPDATE ABOUT FAMILY APPLICATIONS FROM BRP PRODUCTION UNIT.....

Please do not respond to this message
Owing to a problem with the transfer of data from the case working system to the biometric residence permit (BRP) production system, the production of your BRP is delayed. We are currently working through the BRP production backlog as quickly as we can but your BRP will not be available at your designated collection point for at least 4 weeks from the start date of your vignette. You should not attempt to collect your BRP in the meantime because it will not be available.

In the meantime, please do not contact us chasing an update on the production or availability of your BRP.

How do I prove my status without a BRP?
This message serves as confirmation that you hold lawful status in the United Kingdom but have not received a BRP to evidence your status due to a specific issue which prevents the Home Office issuing your BRP.

WE STILL HAVE NOT HEARD FROM VFS ANY NEWS FOR COLLECTION OF PASSPORTS

Theunknownusername
Wales

Post by Theunknownusername » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:00 pm

London507986 wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:22 pm
NEW UPDATE ABOUT FAMILY APPLICATIONS FROM BRP PRODUCTION UNIT.....

Please do not respond to this message
Owing to a problem with the transfer of data from the case working system to the biometric residence permit (BRP) production system, the production of your BRP is delayed. We are currently working through the BRP production backlog as quickly as we can but your BRP will not be available at your designated collection point for at least 4 weeks from the start date of your vignette. You should not attempt to collect your BRP in the meantime because it will not be available.

In the meantime, please do not contact us chasing an update on the production or availability of your BRP.

How do I prove my status without a BRP?
This message serves as confirmation that you hold lawful status in the United Kingdom but have not received a BRP to evidence your status due to a specific issue which prevents the Home Office issuing your BRP.

WE STILL HAVE NOT HEARD FROM VFS ANY NEWS FOR COLLECTION OF PASSPORTS
Have you called them? It might be worth just going there. They are probably just waiting for you to collect them and haven't sent you the notification is error.

London507986
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by London507986 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:44 pm

Emailed VFS LAST WEEK, i was told by them that our passports are under process in Islamabad so they will let us know once ready for collection

mind202
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mind202 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:16 am

London507986 wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:44 pm
Emailed VFS LAST WEEK, i was told by them that our passports are under process in Islamabad so they will let us know once ready for collection
Any update ,did you receive your passport yet?

mind202
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mind202 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:17 am

London507986 wrote:

London507986
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by London507986 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:03 pm

No luck yet

London507986
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by London507986 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:56 am

mind202 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:17 am
London507986 wrote:
Are you waiting in same queue?

London507986
Mood:
Pakistan

New update received from UKVI

Post by London507986 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:01 pm

RECEIVED JUST NOW

Thank you for your enquiry.

This is to confirm that your enquiry has been passed on to the relevant team, they will look into your enquiry and take appropriate action, someone will be in touch with you shortly regarding this matter. We are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to, once a decision has been concluded on your application you will be contacted. Thank you for your patience.