ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question Regarding Naturalization Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

moal11

Question Regarding Naturalization Application

Post by moal11 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:49 pm

Daer All,
I have started to fill my the naturalization after spending 1 year on the ILR. However, I got couple of questions to clarify:

1) Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad? Should I write all my previos tier 2 and tier 4 visas or what?

2) Do you plan for your main home to be in the UK if your application is successful? I am not sure about my plans but should I answer yes.

3) If on my return from a travel, I stayed 1 night on transit due to a bad weather condition (stamped on my passport). Should I declare that as well?

Many thanks...

Regards,
Moal

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Question Regarding Naturalization Application

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:36 pm

You should ask this in the "British Citizenship" forum!

1) Yes - all applications is what is asked for.
2) The expectation is that your main home is in the UK so unless you have made firm plans to leave the UK it would be "yes". Note that your application may be questioned or refused if you select "no". Refer to the guidance on page 35 https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf
3) If it was a full day outside the UK include that date in your total.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:11 am

Topic moved!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

moal11

Post by moal11 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:04 pm

Many thanks alterhase58 and CR001.

Regards,
Moal

moal11

Post by moal11 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:44 pm

Dear All,
I do have another question regarding the "Name in which you made the application" part. Well, for my first visa when I came to the UK (Tier 4) my last name spelling was written by a way which I corrected later on by changing my passport. However, since then I used the correct way for issuing my following visas (Tier 2 and ILR). When completing this part of the application and related to that first visa, should I put the old name or the corrected one? The logic is saying use the old name as this is what the visa issued by. Also, well that old name appears in the naturalization certificate?

PS: example for that XXXasou becomes XXXassoo.

Many thanks...

Regards,
Moal

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:09 am

Your naturalisation application will be in the name you enter on the application form (your current name normally).

Previous visas may have been in issued in a different name such as unmarried women who have changed their name after marriage. You should quote the name used for that specific visa application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

moal11

Post by moal11 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:06 pm

Thanks Alterhase58....star as usual.

Regards,
Moal

moal11

Post by moal11 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:48 am

Dear Folks,
Just one last thing to check. So, the documents that I will upload for UKVI are:
- My passports to show my travels
- ILR
- 2 Referees signed letters
- Proof of English language

Is there anything else?

Many thanks...

Regards,
Moal

Marinaro55
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Marinaro55 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:29 pm

Hello
I have a similar question to the one above in regards to this question - Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?-
I lost my BRP when having Tier 2 visa which was replaced.
Do I need to indicate this fact in the naturalisation application when answering the question about previous immigration applications? Or in other words, is my application to replace BRP is considered to be immigration application as well?
Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:38 pm

Marinaro55 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:29 pm
Hello
I have a similar question to the one above in regards to this question - Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?-
I lost my BRP when having Tier 2 visa which was replaced.
Do I need to indicate this fact in the naturalisation application when answering the question about previous immigration applications? Or in other words, is my application to replace BRP is considered to be immigration application as well?
Thank you!
1. Do not tag your questions onto other topics. It is considered rude and unfair to other forum members.

2. A BRP replacement application is NOT an immigration application. It is simply a replacement of a BRP card for an immigration status you already hold!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

moal11

Post by moal11 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:50 pm

Dear All,
If I submitted my online application and the biometrics. Could I travel outside the UK while waiting the decision? This will be for 16 days only.

Regards,
Moal

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:59 pm

You are free to travel.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

moal11

Post by moal11 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:46 pm

Many thanks for that.

Regards,
Moal

moal11

Post by moal11 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:18 pm

Dear All,
I know this question might be asked in multiple instances but I thought this might be slighly different. Well, I am moving out from where I am living to another place in the same council. I have applied for the naturalization from mid september but without hearing anything so far. Where and how should I inform the UKVI? or I should not do that or what? I think I will ask the post office to foreward any mails to the new address as well.

Any advice will be highl appreciated. Many thanks...

Regards,
Moal

moal11

Post by moal11 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:00 pm

Dear All,
I know this question might be asked in multiple instances but I thought this might be slighly different. Well, I am moving out from where I am living to another place in the same council. I have applied for the naturalization from mid september but without hearing anything so far. Where and how should I inform the UKVI? or I should not do that or what? I think I will ask the post office to foreward any mails to the new address as well.

Any advice will be highl appreciated. Many thanks...

Regards,
Moal