ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M Payslips

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Umartist
Newly Registered

FLR M Payslips

Post by Umartist » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:27 pm

Hello All,
My mrs FLR M extension is due next month. We are going to show both of our income which is more than 20K Annual. I am a director of my company & self employed & mr mrs works for my company part time.
I know she needs to show her last 12 months payslips

But she used to get paid every month but sometimes in 2nd week & in some months 9th or 10th day of each month but payslips generates end of every month.
My Question is that getting paid like this every month can make any issue in her extension?

Please i need some help from you experts.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: FLR M Payslips

Post by TODMATT » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:14 am

You cannot combine ltd company and self employed together to meet the financial requirement.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Umartist
Newly Registered

Post by Umartist » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:23 am

TODMATT wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:14 am
You cannot combine ltd company and self employed together to meet the financial requirement.
There are no where it says about it. Can you please share any where it says on guidance. She is on pay roll & i am self employed. I will give my latest accounts & combine her last 1 year payslips.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:36 am

Umartist wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:23 am
TODMATT wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:14 am
There are no where it says about it. Can you please share any where it says on guidance. She is on pay roll & i am self employed. I will give my latest accounts & combine her last 1 year payslips.

Lol it seems you haven't read the guidance itself for you to assume that it is not mentioned there.

"if a person has different financial years, for example, because they are both selfemployed and a director or other employee (or both) of a specified limited company,
their income from the self-assessment tax return and Company Tax Return financial
years cannot be combined to meet the financial requirement."

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf

Umartist
Newly Registered

Post by Umartist » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:20 am

Where a couple are using their joint income to meet the financial requirement, all of this income must fall within the financial year(s) being relied on and must still be a source of income at the time of application. For example, if the applicant is in the UK with permission to work, to combine their salaried employment income with their partner’s self-employment income, they must provide evidence of the income received from this salaried employment during their self-employed partner’s relevant financial year(s) and evidence of ongoing employment at the date of application.

Page 56 of 71 Published for Home Office staff on 23 June 2021

Its not stopping you to combine your income as a self employed (partner) & salaried employed applicant.
NOW THE QUESTION IS “my self assessment will cover me April 2020 till April 2021 but her employment will be from Sep2020 to Oct 2021 will that make sense ?

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:54 pm

Umartist wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:20 am
I am a director of my company & self employed

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:58 pm

Umartist wrote:
Where a couple are using their joint income to meet the financial requirement, all of this income must fall within the financial year(s) being relied on and must still be a source of income at the time of application. For example, if the applicant is in the UK with permission to work, to combine their salaried employment income with their partner’s self-employment income, they must provide evidence of the income received from this salaried employment during their self-employed partner’s relevant financial year(s) and evidence of ongoing employment at the date of application.

Its not stopping you to combine your income as a self employed (partner) & salaried employed applicant.
NOW THE QUESTION IS “my self assessment will cover me April 2020 till April 2021 but her employment will be from Sep2020 to Oct 2021 will that make sense ?

Your initial post created some confusion! You mentioned that you are a director of a ltd company and also a self employed hence, I mentioned that you cannot combine this two together to meet the requirement , however, you can of course use of them to meet the requirement with your partners income as long as it is within the same financial year.

Your wife income must match the same financial year as you and from the above so only the income which matches your financial year would count for example September 2020 till April 2021(income in this period would count because it correspond with your financial year). What is your net profit during the most recent financial year?

Umartist
Newly Registered

Post by Umartist » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:44 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:58 pm
Umartist wrote:

Your initial post created some confusion! You mentioned that you are a director of a ltd company and also a self employed hence, I mentioned that you cannot combine this two together to meet the requirement , however, you can of course use of them to meet the requirement with your partners income as long as it is within the same financial year.

Your wife income must match the same financial year as you and from the above so only the income which matches your financial year would count for example September 2020 till April 2021(income in this period would count because it correspond with your financial year). What is your net profit during the most recent financial year?

Are you saying that my income from September2020 till April 2021 will count as combine income but how come it is possible for self employed People to combine their incomes with their partner income. I mean they know Self employed financial year will be from april to april and so many applicants are applying after these financial years.
I have not received my accounts back from my accountant yet. Do you think its better if i apply her extension only under my income ??

Please reply

Thanks

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:57 pm

Umartist wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:44 pm
TODMATT wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:58 pm
Umartist wrote:

Are you saying that my income from September2020 till April 2021 will count as combine income but how come it is possible for self employed People to combine their incomes with their partner income. I mean they know Self employed financial year will be from april to april and so many applicants are applying after these financial years.
I have not received my accounts back from my accountant yet. Do you think its better if i apply her extension only under my income ??

Please reply

Thanks
Your wife income was from September 2020 til Oct 2021 and if both of you are intending on combing income together, it must match your financial year April 20/21 which mean only the income September 2020 till April 2021 will count since October 2021 is past the financial year period. Many applicants who have applied as self employed relied on the most recent financial year which after April 2021 till end of March next year can still apply using the most recent financial year.

I would agree with you that if your net profit was £18,600, then use this to meet the requirement to avoid much complicated and too much documentation involve.