ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payslip query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

coolthomas
India

Re: Payslip query

Post by coolthomas » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:34 pm

How long does non priority spouse visa applications take on average from India

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:36 pm

coolthomas wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:34 pm
How long does non priority spouse visa applications take on average from India
It can take up to 90 working days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:38 pm

I got my spouse visa approved, vignette valid from 26/04/21 to the 25/07/21, however, I have an exam at the end of August after which I'd rather come to the UK. I know I can pay to extend the vignette. Can this be done while the current vignette period is valid i.e. during May or June? Or do I have to wait until this period has expired.
Also how can I apply to extend for a vignette. Does anyone have a link to the form.

Thanks in advance.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:50 pm

coolthomas wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:38 pm
I got my spouse visa approved, vignette valid from 26/04/21 to the 25/07/21, however, I have an exam at the end of August after which I'd rather come to the UK. I know I can pay to extend the vignette. Can this be done while the current vignette period is valid i.e. during May or June? Or do I have to wait until this period has expired.
Also how can I apply to extend for a vignette. Does anyone have a link to the form.

Thanks in advance.
"5. ECB9.5 What if applicant is not intending to travel straight away to the UK
The ECO should check the applicant’s visa application form (VAF) for the proposed date of travel in order to prevent unnecessary applications for an extension of stay, and possible claims for a refund of the extension fee.

Where an applicant may not intend or be able to travel to the UK immediately following their application they can apply for a visa at any time before the date of travel to the UK, however, we can only defer the start date of the visa up to a maximum 3 months from the date of application"

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... d-validity
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:03 pm

the proposed date of travel for our application was 1st of May 2021 and we applied on the 28th of February.
I was under the impression that we can extend the vignette by 90 days as long as we pay the 154£ fee.

I know there is this statement "however, we can only defer the start date of the visa up to a maximum of 3 months from the date of application." but i thought with vignette extension, the start date of the visa was still the same, but the duration to enter the UK will just be entered?

Im a bit confused.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:46 pm

coolthomas wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:03 pm
the proposed date of travel for our application was 1st of May 2021 and we applied on the 28th of February.
I was under the impression that we can extend the vignette by 90 days as long as we pay the 154£ fee.

I know there is this statement "however, we can only defer the start date of the visa up to a maximum of 3 months from the date of application." but i thought with vignette extension, the start date of the visa was still the same, but the duration to enter the UK will just be entered?

Im a bit confused.
Yes, you can extend the vignette. I think the reference above is referring to when an application was submitted and applicant chosed a date which is more than 3 months in advance so therefore UKVI does not allow this. I would also be thread carefully because sometimes I have come across people who extend their vignette but their BRP start date remains the same so therefore they have a shortfall so If it was me personally, I will travel to the UK and return back to do your exams.

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:16 pm

" BRP start date remains the same so therefore they have a shortfall" can you give me an example.

Currently, India is on the red list and there are no flights available. I think this might be extended at least till June start of July with the number of cases increasing. Therefore, paying 1750£ for hotel quarantine doesn't seem like an option for me currently, on top of that having the exam in August is a second reason.
Travel to and from India to the UK is very unpredictable currently and was looking to see all options we had.

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:43 pm

" BRP start date remains the same so therefore they have a shortfall" can you give me an example.
Given the current situation with COVID cases in India, lockdown and inability of flights, and UK being on red list, won't that change?
I was informed that people who had expires Tier 2 dependent visa last year and extended their vignette free of charge got their BRP start date the same as their new vignette.

Currently, India is on the red list and there are no flights available. I think this might be extended at least till June start of July with the number of cases increasing. Therefore, paying 1750£ for hotel quarantine doesn't seem like an option for me currently, on top of that having the exam in August is a second reason.
Travel to and from India to the UK is very unpredictable currently and was looking to see all options we had.

For e.g. if we were to apply for an extension visa in 2.5 years down the line, would having a BRP date of say April, but coming in end of August affect the spouse visa extension as Im not sure of the requirements for spouse visa extension.

Thanks in advance.

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:48 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:46 pm
coolthomas wrote:

Im a bit confused.
Yes, you can extend the vignette. I think the reference above is referring to when an application was submitted and applicant chosed a date which is more than 3 months in advance so therefore UKVI does not allow this. I would also be thread carefully because sometimes I have come across people who extend their vignette but their BRP start date remains the same so therefore they have a shortfall so If it was me personally, I will travel to the UK and return back to do your exams.
Sorry TODMATT, can you clarify this for me as I'm unsure of what to do.

Given the current situation with COVID cases in India, lockdown and inability of flights, and UK being on red list, won't that change?
I was informed that people who had expires Tier 2 dependent visa last year and extended their vignette free of charge got their BRP start date the same as their new vignette.

For e.g. if we were to apply for an extension visa in 2.5 years down the line, would having a BRP date of say April, but coming in end of August affect the spouse visa extension as Im not sure of the requirements for spouse visa extension.

Thanks in advance.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:32 pm

coolthomas wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:48 pm
TODMATT wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:46 pm
coolthomas wrote:

Im a bit confused.
Sorry TODMATT, can you clarify this for me as I'm unsure of what to do.

Thanks in advance.
I am sharing my experience prior before COVID for those people whom are unable to travel to the UK and decide to extend their vignette for another extra month or so. BRP contains the original visa and you will get the information on your approval letter when the BRP will be valid from and expiry date.

I honestly do hope that n the light of the current circumstances around the world, they will issue your BRP as your new vignette date.

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:58 pm

Tbh I'm in two minds about what to do. I just don't know anyone in my position who has since Last March 2020 applied for visa and been in a similar position, needing an extension. I know the Tier 2 visa dependants, last year had to extend their vignette , and their BRP did have the new date.

Flights are either completely booked out or cancelled so don't want to risk that, and hotel quarantine is quite expensive at the rate of 1750£.
Can I ask few questions,

for FLM extension in 2.5 years, what is the criteria they need to meet. As in where can the shortfalls occur. I thought it was after residing in UK 30 months or 28 days before BRP expiry. Can a person apply for a FLRM if they only have been in the country for say 28/29 months ( due extension of vignette/vignette transfer).

I might have to contact solicitors but I'm looking for all the help and advice I can get.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:49 am

coolthomas wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:58 pm
Tbh I'm in two minds about what to do. I just don't know anyone in my position who has since Last March 2020 applied for visa and been in a similar position, needing an extension. I know the Tier 2 visa dependants, last year had to extend their vignette , and their BRP did have the new date.

Flights are either completely booked out or cancelled so don't want to risk that, and hotel quarantine is quite expensive at the rate of 1750£.
Can I ask few questions,

for FLM extension in 2.5 years, what is the criteria they need to meet. As in where can the shortfalls occur. I thought it was after residing in UK 30 months or 28 days before BRP expiry. Can a person apply for a FLRM if they only have been in the country for say 28/29 months ( due extension of vignette/vignette transfer). Ideally it should be after or by the former time you stated above. However, if it is the latter time that you have, FLRM will still have to be applied as you would not want applicant to become overstayer or illegal. It is at time of ILR that requirement to meet shortfall in time will now have to be made up.

I might have to contact solicitors but I'm looking for all the help and advice I can get.

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:54 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:49 am
coolthomas wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:58 pm

Can I ask few questions,

for FLM extension in 2.5 years, what is the criteria they need to meet. As in where can the shortfalls occur. I thought it was after residing in UK 30 months or 28 days before BRP expiry. Can a person apply for a FLRM if they only have been in the country for say 28/29 months ( due extension of vignette/vignette transfer). Ideally it should be after or by the former time you stated above. However, if it is the latter time that you have, FLRM will still have to be applied as you would not want applicant to become overstayer or illegal. It is at time of ILR that requirement to meet shortfall in time will now have to be made up.

So if say due to my present dilemma, I extend the vignette to August and enter in August, so on applying for the FLRM there would be only 29 months of having actually lived in the UK, will there be any problems with the actual visa extension ( the FLRM), or would be a matter of they would still extend the visa as long as we meet all the other requirements but when ILR comes, prior to ILR, we will need to have a second FLRM application due to the few month's shortfall?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:14 am

coolthomas wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:54 am
or would be a matter of they would still extend the visa as long as we meet all the other requirements
This one.
but when ILR comes, prior to ILR, we will need to have a second FLRM application due to the few month's shortfall?
Yes, where there is a shortfall.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:12 pm

Is it possible to apply for a vignette while the current 90 day period is still valid? , AS our via is valid from April to July, and we apply say 3 weeks before the end of our visa in July.
As I know that we need to attend the biometric appointment again and wait for the passport to return back with the new vignette.

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Sun May 16, 2021 8:58 pm

Is it possible to apply for a vignette while the current 90 day period is still valid? , AS our via is valid from April to July, and we apply say 3 weeks before the end of our visa in July.
As I know that we need to attend the biometric appointment again and wait for the passport to return back with the new vignette.

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:31 pm

We received our visa, but because inability to travel due to COVID circumstances, I'm going to extend the visa vignette.

Does anyone know what the Home office reference number is. I know there is GWF number and a Unique application number but for the visa vignette transfer, they are asking for a HO reference number.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:15 am

Yes you can and also you can use GWF which can be found on your previous application or VAF which is generated by the UKVI.

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:58 pm

I applied for my spouse's visa vignette transfer in July and it has been 33 working days since the biometric appointment. What should have taken 15 working days has taken more than double the time and we have still not received any update.
I send emails to UKVI multiple times and finally got a response 4 days ago that "the case has been escalated to the relevant department and I will be contacted shortly", however, no contact has been made since.

I don't know what else to do, or how else to know what is happening
Any advice. SHould I try and contact my local MP , or put a complaint in?

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:56 pm

I applied for my spouse's visa vignette transfer in July and it has been 33 working days since the biometric appointment. What should have taken 15 working days has taken more than double the time and we have still not received any update.
I send emails to UKVI multiple times and finally got a response 4 days ago that "the case has been escalated to the relevant department and I will be contacted shortly", however, no contact has been made since.

I don't know what else to do, or how else to know what is happening
Any advice. SHould I try and contact my local MP , or put a complaint in?

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:36 pm

Please Help!

I applied for my spouse's visa vignette transfer in July and it has been over 45 working days since the biometric appointment. What should have taken 15 working days has taken more than double the time and we have still not received any update.
I send emails to UKVI multiple times and finally got a response over 2 weeks ago that "the case has been escalated to the relevant department and I will be contacted shortly", however, no contact has been made since. send them another email and they responded saying " case has been escalated to the relevant department and someone will be in contact in 15 working days.

I emailed my MP and they haven't received any update as well and said it can take upto 20 working days but still no response
What should I do.
Please advice

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:43 am

coolthomas wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:36 pm
Please Help!

I applied for my spouse's visa vignette transfer in July and it has been over 45 working days since the biometric appointment. What should have taken 15 working days has taken more than double the time and we have still not received any update.
I send emails to UKVI multiple times and finally got a response over 2 weeks ago that "the case has been escalated to the relevant department and I will be contacted shortly", however, no contact has been made since. send them another email and they responded saying " case has been escalated to the relevant department and someone will be in contact in 15 working days.

I emailed my MP and they haven't received any update as well and said it can take upto 20 working days but still no response Has the 20 days to respond to MP lapsed? Delays being experienced across and besides exercising patience and lodging complaints, the options of what to do are close to nil
What should I do.
Please advice

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:11 am

The 20 days finished next week. I've also lodged a complaint with the home office.
The fact that the MPs also havent received any update is worrying.
And this is the second time the case has been escalated with no update so worried as to how much longer of a delay there is going to be.