ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E vetting and citizenship application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sam2021
Albania

Re: E vetting and citizenship application

Post by Sam2021 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:08 pm

legkanur wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:07 am
Sam2021 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:40 am
legkanur wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:43 pm
Just wondering how often they have to renew the vetting. I've got FIO and saw mine was done in Oct 2020.
Emailed them last week and got reply that my application was submitted to minister for approval.
Just wondering if they will need to get a new vetting now or one from Oct 2020 will be ok.
Hi Legkanur could you please explain to me what does it mean FIO? and when you applied for citizenship? Regards
FOI - freedom of information request. You can request all you file and notes.
I've applied for citizenship in 2018.
I am also applied in 2018 and nothing moving, could you please tell me how I can ask for FOI by my self?
Appreciate your help 🙏

legkanur
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by legkanur » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:32 am

Sam2021 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:08 pm
legkanur wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:07 am
Sam2021 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:40 am
legkanur wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:43 pm
Just wondering how often they have to renew the vetting. I've got FIO and saw mine was done in Oct 2020.
Emailed them last week and got reply that my application was submitted to minister for approval.
Just wondering if they will need to get a new vetting now or one from Oct 2020 will be ok.
Hi Legkanur could you please explain to me what does it mean FIO? and when you applied for citizenship? Regards
FOI - freedom of information request. You can request all you file and notes.
I've applied for citizenship in 2018.
I am also applied in 2018 and nothing moving, could you please tell me how I can ask for FOI by my self?
Appreciate your help 🙏

Email to foi@justice.ie. Saying something like this "I am contacting you regarding my citizenship application No XXXXX. Under the Freedom of Information Act 2014, I would like to request all records and notes related to my citizenship application. Please find a filled form and a copy of my passport as proof of identification attached." Attached filled and signed FOI request form and copy of passport.

https://foi.gov.ie/faqs/how-do-i-make-an-foi-request/

Emu1990
Ireland

Post by Emu1990 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:44 pm

Hi guys I never got any e vetting request ....

And I got this email from department

Please note that your application for naturalisation has been submitted to
the Minister for a decision. If further documentation and/or clarification
of any matter related to your application is required from you, we will
write to you requesting it. Otherwise, you will receive a letter in due
course informing you of the Minister’s decision on your application.
Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 4

Do I need to do e vetting myelf and send to them ?

Sam2021
Albania

Post by Sam2021 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:12 pm

Hi Emu usually if the application is sent to the minister for a decision all is fine but they said to you this just in case.
Could you please tell me when you applied?
I wish that you will get your approval soon

Emu1990
Ireland

Post by Emu1990 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:30 pm

Sam2021 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:12 pm
Hi Emu usually if the application is sent to the minister for a decision all is fine but they said to you this just in case.
Hi
I applied nov 2018 and got 2nd stage letter in june 2019

Since than nothing ...

Sam2021
Albania

Post by Sam2021 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:15 pm

Emu1990 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:30 pm
Sam2021 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:12 pm
Hi
I applied nov 2018 and got 2nd stage letter in june 2019

Since than nothing ...
Hi,
when they told you that your application has been submitted to the minister?
Usually when the sent it to the minister it will not take long time for desicion.
Appreciate your help to understand what's going on in the department of justice.
Best wishes to you

Smilemee
Ireland

Post by Smilemee » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:40 pm

Emu1990 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:44 pm

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 4

Hi . If u don't mind.. can u also say which cmu is your case with?

zoie777777
Pakistan

Post by zoie777777 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:21 am

Did anyone got any news after evetting done from.the department this month?

Smilemee
Ireland

Post by Smilemee » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:17 am

zoie777777 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:21 am
Did anyone got any news after evetting done from.the department this month?
Not from me so far. Its been 3 months since evetting .. God knows what the f--k is wrong with them

zoie777777
Pakistan

Post by zoie777777 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:04 pm

smilmee ive got my foi now my file is 100 percent complete I am planning to go for JR as suggested by my solicitor, they should understand its someone's life changing decision not just a file

Smilemee
Ireland

Post by Smilemee » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:58 am

zoie777777 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:04 pm
smilmee ive got my foi now my file is 100 percent complete I am planning to go for JR as suggested by my solicitor, they should understand its someone's life changing decision not just a file
Zoie777777.. brother when did you applied for FOI ? As my solicitor has also applied for for and it is now more then 4 months , hence no news ..
Secondly, I ha e approached a local TD and he made a representation on my behalf. I will wait 1 more week and if nothing happened I will also go for JR as its a joke to us really.
My application was told to be submitted when evetting is received and its now 3 months passed no news yet ..

Sam2021
Albania

Post by Sam2021 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:56 am

zoie777777 wrote:
Hi, could you please explain to me what does it mean JR and how we can ask for it?
Best wishes to and hope that you will get your approval soon
Kind regards

zoie777777
Pakistan

Post by zoie777777 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:49 am

Smilemee wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:58 am
zoie777777 wrote:
Zoie777777.. brother when did you applied for FOI ? As my solicitor has also applied for for and it is now more then 4 months , hence no news ..
Secondly, I ha e approached a local TD and he made a representation on my behalf. I will wait 1 more week and if nothing happened I will also go for JR as its a joke to us really.
My application was told to be submitted when evetting is received and its now 3 months passed no news yet ..
Hi smilemee...I've send them an email with filled application along with form of ID they responded and said it's take one month to get result if it's not then you are automatically eligible for appeal that why it's being delayed to get access my Foi file, exactly after one month file had sent to me.

If your solicitor applied three months ago he must have had it well before might be he didn't shared it with you, however if its delayed or whatever you either can quote the reference which your solicitor received by the time of FoI application being made or make a new one but new one cost you another month.

Did you see any approvals this month?

zoie777777
Pakistan

Post by zoie777777 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:54 am

Sam2021 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:56 am
zoie777777 wrote:
Hi, could you please explain to me what does it mean JR and how we can ask for it?
Best wishes to and hope that you will get your approval soon
Kind regards
JR is a short form of Judicial review, if your application get delayed over two years you can go to court if you think its unjustifiable delay, this can put pressure on them to get case resolved with decision, most of the cases I've seen it does work but it cost you money e.g barristers/court/solicitor fees, and sometimes if delay is justifiable from them then fine as well. So I suggest talk to your solicitor if its over 2 years.

Smilemee
Ireland

Post by Smilemee » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:49 am

zoie777777 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:49 am
Smilemee wrote:
zoie777777 wrote:
Hi smilemee...I've send them an email with filled application along with form of ID they responded and said it's take one month to get result if it's not then you are automatically eligible for appeal that why it's being delayed to get access my Foi file, exactly after one month file had sent to me.

If your solicitor applied three months ago he must have had it well before might be he didn't shared it with you, however if its delayed or whatever you either can quote the reference which your solicitor received by the time of FoI application being made or make a new one but new one cost you another month.

My solicitor has request an SAR means subject access request. I guess its for of FOI and they said it on letter that it will be 3 months and its Completed in September 7th. It should be sent out. I will contact them anyway.
No any approvals this month. But remember bro. Approvals from cmu 4 is alway in one lot and separate unless its in a huge bulk. Applications from cmu5 or cmu6 ar ealways separate and comes in 1 bulk or lot.
So I see many cases from cmu 5,6 are su mitted for decision. It must a soon but its too late for many now.

allthestages
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by allthestages » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:05 pm

Smilemee wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:49 am
zoie777777 wrote:
Smilemee wrote:
zoie777777 wrote:

My solicitor has request an SAR means subject access request. I guess its for of FOI and they said it on letter that it will be 3 months and its Completed in September 7th. It should be sent out. I will contact them anyway.
No any approvals this month. But remember bro. Approvals from cmu 4 is alway in one lot and separate unless its in a huge bulk. Applications from cmu5 or cmu6 ar ealways separate and comes in 1 bulk or lot.
So I see many cases from cmu 5,6 are su mitted for decision. It must a soon but its too late for many now.
Hi, I am only aware of CMU 1 & 2 what are these other CMU? I am with CMU 2 do you know if they have different dates for decisions?
I have completed evetting a month ago but I have applied this year and what I read from evetting page is that they need it at later stage before submitting to minister for decision. But looking at your timeline, I am confused how I got evetting so early

Thank You!!

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:21 am

allthestages wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:05 pm
Smilemee wrote:
zoie777777 wrote:
Smilemee wrote:
zoie777777 wrote:

Hi, I am only aware of CMU 1 & 2 what are these other CMU? I am with CMU 2 do you know if they have different dates for decisions?
I have completed evetting a month ago but I have applied this year and what I read from evetting page is that they need it at later stage before submitting to minister for decision. But looking at your timeline, I am confused how I got evetting so early

Thank You!!

I am with CMU 2, the last email reply i got from tjem was my application has been submitted to the minister. I applied in February 2020. Recently i approached a TD who made enquiries and got back to me that it has been submitted for a decison and will continue to be processed. But what i still do not understand ia that my friend who applied this year January and already got second stage letter, two letters he got doesn't state any CMU, just name and signature, anyone experience and understand this?

Smilemee
Ireland

Post by Smilemee » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:09 pm

johnpromise01 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:21 am
allthestages wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:05 pm
Smilemee wrote:
zoie777777 wrote:
Smilemee wrote:
zoie777777 wrote:

Thank You!!

I am with CMU 2, the last email reply i got from tjem was my application has been submitted to the minister. I applied in February 2020. Recently i approached a TD who made enquiries and got back to me that it has been submitted for a decison and will continue to be processed. But what i still do not understand ia that my friend who applied this year January and already got second stage letter, two letters he got doesn't state any CMU, just name and signature, anyone experience and understand this?
It's a reply to both above comments.. CMU is from1 to 6, as I know. You could get evetting at any stage when you have applied after March 2021, generally when decision is due.
Secondly if your email says it's submitted for decision then it is going to be decided soon.

maguis
Brazil

Post by maguis » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:37 pm

Emu1990 wrote:

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 4

Hi! Just got the exact same email - any further news on your process? I assume this means we will be getting the final approval soon. thank you

Emu1990
Ireland

Post by Emu1990 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:43 pm

maguis wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:37 pm
Emu1990 wrote:

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 4

Hi! Just got the exact same email - any further news on your process? I assume this means we will be getting the final approval soon. thank you
No nothing still waiting 😒 😑..

maguis
Brazil

Post by maguis » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:07 am

sorry to hear that! hopefully, you have some good news soon. Keep us informed if you can! thanks

maguis
Brazil

Post by maguis » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:08 am

sorry to hear that! hopefully, you have some good news soon. Keep us informed if you can! thanks
Emu1990 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:43 pm
maguis wrote:
Emu1990 wrote:

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 4

Emu1990
Ireland

Post by Emu1990 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:59 pm

maguis wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:08 am
Emu1990 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:43 pm
maguis wrote:
Emu1990 wrote:

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 4

I will ..thanks

Smilemee
Ireland

Post by Smilemee » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:34 pm

Can we all post again our e vetting disclosure date and when applied.. just want to get an up to date status of all of us as to know are we all on the same page
Mine applied 2019 April
Disclosed e vetting 18June

zoie777777
Pakistan

Post by zoie777777 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:19 pm

Mine applied 22nd july
Viewed 4th August.
Disclosed to me with NIL record on it.
No update so far preparing case for JR