ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AGM23

Spouse Visa questions

Post by AGM23 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:21 pm

Dear all,

I
My situation is that i was working abroad for 6 years and returned to UK in December 2018, my wife was with me as well and is now in Pakistan since December 2018.
I was employed here in UK in 2020 but was made redundant due to covid in november 2020. I want to sponsor my wife for Spouse visa.

I meet £62500 threshold and can show that i have funds and prove that funds were savings from my employment when i was working with payslips, bank statements etc, however funds are not in UK bank account and are in account abroad, i was told on the forum sometime ago that this should be ok however is it still the case? Just want to be sure since its been a while i have been in UK now and still have an account overseas? could there be question why the funds have not been transferred to UK?

Also i will be renting a new property once my wife gets the visa, i am currently staying with family, do i need to rent the property before she applies for the visa?

And lastly are PDF bank statements accepted? how do i send documents to embassy in Pakistan? as i would have some documents and the rest would be with my wife?

Appreciate if someone could help.

Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse Visa questions

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:44 pm

AGM23 wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:21 pm
Dear all,

I
My situation is that i was working abroad for 6 years and returned to UK in December 2018, my wife was with me as well and is now in Pakistan since December 2018.
I was employed here in UK in 2020 but was made redundant due to covid in november 2020. I want to sponsor my wife for Spouse visa.

I meet £62500 threshold and can show that i have funds and prove that funds were savings from my employment when i was working with payslips, bank statements etc, however funds are not in UK bank account and are in account abroad, i was told on the forum sometime ago that this should be ok however is it still the case? Yes it is still the case.Just want to be sure since its been a while i have been in UK now and still have an account overseas? could there be question why the funds have not been transferred to UK? No, believe the account is in your name or jointly with your wife

Also i will be renting a new property once my wife gets the visa, i am currently staying with family, do i need to rent the property before she applies for the visa? So far the other occupants are family, the property will not be overcrowded by her joining you and other current occupants and you will get a letter to indicate you are allowed to stay with her there and other title documents e.g. deeds, mortgage documents for the said property then this property can be used to meet accommodation requirements.

And lastly are PDF bank statements accepted? how do i send documents to embassy in Pakistan? as i would have some documents and the rest would be with my wife?

PDF documents are accepted. Application procedure is now online and documents are scanned and uploaded no physical document as such is sent.

Appreciate if someone could help.

Thank you

AGM23

Post by AGM23 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:01 pm

Thanks Amazonian for prompt reply.

Yes account is soley on my name and not joint.

Its a 2 Bedroom property, there is my sister and her 8 year old son and me only living at the moment. Would this be enough?

Also can someone please confirm if PDF/online statements are accepted?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:41 pm

AGM23 wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:01 pm
Thanks Amazonian for prompt reply.

Yes account is soley on my name and not joint.

Its a 2 Bedroom property, there is my sister and her 8 year old son and me only living at the moment. Would this be enough? Yes

Also can someone please confirm if PDF/online statements are accepted? Yes acceptable, answered previously.

Thanks

AGM23

Post by AGM23 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:54 pm

Dear all,

Appreciate if someone can help?

My wife's Ielts result valid until 12th December 2021(she did test in december 2019), so if i was to apply and submit the application before that would this be acceptable? or is it not worth and she should do Ielts again? reason i am asking is because i understand spouse visas can take upto 6 months?

Also regarding accommodation, simple letter from family member/owner confirming we would be living with them would be enough along with title deed of the property? how do i prove and establish that property indeed would not be overcrowded?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:38 pm

AGM23 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:54 pm
Dear all,

Appreciate if someone can help?

My wife's Ielts result valid until 12th December 2021(she did test in december 2019), so if i was to apply and submit the application before that would this be acceptable? or is it not worth and she should do Ielts again? reason i am asking is because i understand spouse visas can take upto 6 months? If you have submitted the application while the result is still valid then no matter how long it takes for decision to come through you are in the clear.

Also regarding accommodation, simple letter from family member/owner confirming we would be living with them would be enough along with title deed of the property? how do i prove and establish that property indeed would not be overcrowded?

Thanks

AGM23

Post by AGM23 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:35 pm

Thanks Amazonian as always.

Can anyone please give input on accommodation part? much appreciated.

Thanks

Hp-pk-123

Post by Hp-pk-123 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:27 am

Hi,

Adults count as 1 unit and children under 10 are 0.5 units. If you have 2 bedrooms and 1 living room you are allowed 5 people in the house as the living room is also counted as a room. So you can use this house for your application.

Hp-pk-123

Post by Hp-pk-123 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:28 am

Also you need to get a report made from an estate agent or someone similar to submit with your application to prove that it will not be overcrowded.

AGM23

Post by AGM23 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:49 am

HI, Can someone please help with below questions?

Source of Cash savings declaration?
Does that need to be simple cover letter explaining source of the cash savings? or it need to be more detailed with back up evidence?

Also during filling in application, it asks separately my wife if she has any dependant and also same question was asked for husband? i am confused, because it seems they would assume that my dependant son is living with me in UK which is not the case?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:57 pm

AGM23 wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:49 am
HI, Can someone please help with below questions?

Source of Cash savings declaration?
Does that need to be simple cover letter explaining source of the cash savings? or it need to be more detailed with back up evidence? Simple cover letter explaining the source. If this is from saving over time it will reflect as per the 6months statement you are submitting, if gift may require explaining...what's the source?

Also during filling in application, it asks separately my wife if she has any dependant and also same question was asked for husband? i am confused, because it seems they would assume that my dependant son is living with me in UK which is not the case? Provide an answer and explain situation.

Thanks