ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Alternative evidence of your residence in the UK [EEA route]

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

expat2019
Newly Registered

Alternative evidence of your residence in the UK [EEA route]

Post by expat2019 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:13 pm

My wife got a response from a caseworker as shown below.

She didn't work for most of her qualifying period as she stayed home and looked after our son. When she was initially submitting an application she attached all P60s and payslips for the periods she had worked. She also attached Council Tax bills that covered her qualifying period in full. She didn't have CSI.

Unfortunately she doesn't have any more documents that would fall in one of the categories listed below.

She ended up looking for anything that has her name and address on it.
Eventually she did find a poll card, registration to vote, HMRC tax calculation, NHS letters ie. appointments, blood test, screening results, council invitation for a course,
DBS check, ESOL course certificate, a few utility bills and bank statements. However we don't know if those documents are what they are after.

What should we send back to the caseworker?

I refer to your application for British Citizenship. Before we can proceed further please send scanned copies of the following documents to @homeoffice.gov.uk by 28 September 2021

§ Alternative evidence of your residence in the UK to cover the period from 13 September 2016 to 05 April 2020.

Annex 1

ALTERNATIVE EVIDENCE OF RESIDENCE FOR A EUROPEAN UNION NATIONAL OR A CITIZEN OF SWITZERLAND

If you are a national of the European Union or Switzerland who has been in the UK in exercise of your right to free movement during your qualifying period of residence, you should send alternative evidence of your residence in this period as well as your passport.

Examples of alternative evidence are:

Employed / unemployed

· Letters from employers confirming your dates of employment.

· Salary or wage slips.

· P60 tax certificates.

· Statements from HM Revenue & Customs confirming the dates of payment of National Insurance contributions.

· Letters from the Department of Work and Pensions confirming the dates of receipt of job seeker’s allowance, incapacity benefit, child benefit etc.

· Occupational pension statements.

· Doctor’s letter or medical report confirming your inability to engage in economic activity due to incapacity and whether the incapacity is or is likely to be permanent.

Self-employed or business person

· Statements from HM Revenue and Customs confirming the dates of payment of taxes and National Insurance contributions

Student

· Letters from schools, colleges, universities or other public or private establishments confirming enrolment on a course of study or vocational training and your dates of attendance and your policy confirming sickness insurance against all risks in respect of yourself and any accompanying family members in the UK.

Self-sufficient

· Statement(s) of funds, assets and any other sources of income held and your policy confirming sickness insurance against all risks in respect of yourself and any accompanying family members in the UK.

Retired

· Confirmation of date of receipt of State pension (not occupational pension)

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Alternative evidence of your residence in the UK [EEA route]

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:42 pm

You have a limited time to respond to the request, I believe.
There's probably no choice but to send everything that supports the period in question. Include an explanation what you are sending.
Keep copies if you are required to send originals by post (send by Special Delivery!), unless the request came via email and you could email back scanned copies.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

expat2019
Newly Registered

Post by expat2019 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:57 am

We have time till 28th September. If we don't meet the deadline the application will be refused.

We can ask institutions to send me some documents and hopefully some of them will send them before the deadline.

What are the best documents to satisfy that request?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:33 am

It's difficult to say as there are no hard and fast rules (i.e. not in any published guidance apart from the standard documents). Anything from an official body should always be good and then if not enough you may have to include utilities/bank/mortgage deed/or similar. At this stage I would send everything.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

magicsign
Italy

Post by magicsign » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:46 am

How long did it pass since biometric and the caseworker's email?

expat2019
Newly Registered

Post by expat2019 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:13 pm

5 months
magicsign wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:46 am
How long did it pass since biometric and the caseworker's email?

expat2019
Newly Registered

Post by expat2019 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:44 am

The letter from Home Office says:

Before we can proceed further please send scanned copies of the following documents to @homeoffice.gov.uk by 28 September 2021

Do they mean "before 28th" OR "before or on 28th September" ?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:06 am

I read it as the latter - "before or on 28th September".