ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR 28 days before date of visa and super priority

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

raviocean
India

Qualifying period and document checklist

Post by raviocean » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:05 am

Hello,

I am currently on Tier 2 General Visa. Below are my dates.

UK Entry Clearance Visa (Valid from): 07/11/16
UK Entry Clearance Visa (Valid until): 07/12/16
First BRP Place and Date of Issue: 12/11/16
I arrived in UK: 26/11/16

1. When will my qualifying period start for main applicant?

Is it the date on UK Entry Clearance Visa or First BRP date of issue or the date I arrived in UK? - 28 days

2. I read somewhere on the forum that for dependants this qualifying period starts from the date the arrive in UK?

3. There used to be a PDF file with full details but I can't find it anymore on the UK Government website. Basically I am looking for a document checklist.

Thanks for your help.
Ravi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Qualifying period and document checklist

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:30 am

1. Date the initial visa was valid from.

2. Dependents is the date initial visa was valid from and NOT date of entry.

3. The online system will give you a checklist. It is also a question answered daily on the forum. The guides also give information.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raviocean
India

Post by raviocean » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:49 am

Many thanks. So I can apply on 07/11/2016 - 28 days that is 10th October?

anonvtic
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by anonvtic » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:13 am

raviocean wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:49 am
Many thanks. So I can apply on 07/11/2016 - 28 days that is 10th October?
You probably meant 07/11/2021 - 28 days = 10 October 2021. Correct. You'll be eligible on 10 Oct 2021.

raviocean
India

Post by raviocean » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:21 am

Yes thanks a lot.

My wife and daughter visa was issued on 15th December and they arrived on 23 Dec 2016.

So I was thinking of applying for them separately. I will be applying through super priority and I am hoping to get my new BRP let us say by end of Oct or early November. So I wanted to know when I apply for my family would I need the new BRP in hand for their application?

Or shall I wait for a month and we all apply together? Is lot of hassle to apply separately?

Thanks

raviocean
India

Post by raviocean » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:48 am

Hi,

Although I will be eligible on 10th October 2021, I have decided to wait for 1 more month and also include my wife and daughter in my application, because they arrived in UK after 1 month after me (their UK entry issue date is later than mine). I have few questions.

1. I started filling up the application form now because I wanted to know what documents I would need. I hope it is not too early? I will submit the application in late Nov.

2. For Cohabitation I am thinking of the following documents.

- Thames Valley water bill with my wife and my name
- Stamped Signed Council Bill letter with wife and my name (They stopped sending proper bills 2 year ago)
- Wife's bank statement
- My bank statement
- Voting letters we received with both of our names throughout the past 2 years

Are these documents sufficient?

3. The bills I have are not monthly bills but yearly ones. I hope it is ok?

4. I will get the absence letter from my current employer (Jan 2019 - now) but I am not 100% sure if my previous employer will give me the absence letter from (Nov 2016-Dec 2018), my leaves during that period were never more than 30 in a year and in another post I read that in such cases this absence letter from previous employer can be ignored. Although I will try to get the letter from previous employer but just wanted to get your views on similar cases.

5. My UK entry clearance visa date is 7/11/16 (Arrived on 26/11/16) and my wife and daughters UK entry clearance visa date is 15/12/16 (Arrived on 22/12/16), because I am now planning to apply together so the earliest I can apply is 15/12/16 - 28 days?

6. The last question I have is that all of our BRP end date is 14/01/2022, although I will try to go for the super priority option but after submitting the application online if for any reason there is a delay in getting the appointment or if there is a delay in getting decision (I hope there is not another lockdown), I will not lose the right to stay or work in UK?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Ravi

raviocean
India

Post by raviocean » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:19 pm

Any senior member has any thoughts on my last comments?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:51 pm

1. No issue
2. ANY evidence can be used
3. ANY evidence can be used
4. indefinite-leave-to-remain/previous-emp ... 20474.html
5. Yes
6. No. Section 3C applies
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

raviocean
India

Post by raviocean » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:17 pm

Really appreciate your advice.

So the absence letter from previous employer is not needed?

I believe it is still needed from current employer?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:29 pm

Yes. I showed you what the guide asks you specifically
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

raviocean
India

Post by raviocean » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:16 am

Many thanks.

raviocean
India

Post by raviocean » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:11 am

Hello admins,

Thanks a lot for your help and time. I am just getting double minded and a bit anxious, so I was thinking if I apply for my ILR in October and then apply after 1 month for my wife and daughter, would I need my ILR (new BRP) in hand for their ILR application. I was reading on the forums that for PBS dependent ILR application the main applicants last valid sponsorship number is needed.

Thanks,
Ravi

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:41 am

Their ILR eligibility is determined based on yours. If you get ILR, they can get ILR.

raviocean
India

Post by raviocean » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:42 am

Thanks Zimba. My main concern is that once I apply for ILR and if there is a delay of let us say one month then how can I apply for their ILR while decision on mine is not yet given? Although if I apply alone first then I will try to get the super priority but I know it is not always possible to get super priority.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:20 pm

raviocean wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:42 am
Thanks Zimba. My main concern is that once I apply for ILR and if there is a delay of let us say one month then how can I apply for their ILR while decision on mine is not yet given? Although if I apply alone first then I will try to get the super priority but I know it is not always possible to get super priority.
You can apply at the same time, their application tied to yours. Once you get ILR, theirs will then be attended to.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:04 pm

Their application decision making will be put on hold until yours is decided

raviocean
India

Post by raviocean » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:43 pm

So even though their ILR eligibility is 1 month after me, I can still include them in my application? In that case will I be paying for super priority fee for one application or all three?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:48 pm

raviocean wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:43 pm
So even though their ILR eligibility is 1 month after me, I can still include them in my application? In that case will I be paying for super priority fee for one application or all three?
NO. They apply when they are eligible

raviocean
India

Post by raviocean » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:56 pm

Thanks Zimba

raviocean
India

Post by raviocean » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:18 pm

Today I checked my wife and daughter's original BRP and found out that their BRP issue date is even earlier. Sharing all the dates again here.

Main applicant dates (Tier 2 General or Skilled Visa)

UK Entry Clearance Visa (Valid from): 07/11/16
First BRP Place and Date of Issue: 12/11/16
I arrived in UK: 26/11/16

Dependent applicant dates (PBS Dependents)

UK Entry Clearance Visa (Valid from): 15/12/16
First BRP Place and Date of Issue: 01/12/16
They arrived in UK: 22/12/16

Earliest I can apply is 10th Oct (My UK Entry Clearance Visa date + 5 years - 28 days). This is clear.

When can my wife and daughter apply? The earliest date I have for them is the BRP issue date, can I use this date for eligibility even though their UK Entry Clearance issue date is later.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:02 pm

The date of their entry to the UK is irrelevant. Use the BRP dates

raviocean
India

Post by raviocean » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:28 am

Thanks a lot.

I have completed the application form and will proceed further when the time comes to submit it. I have a question related to "Consent for the Home Office to request verification checks for joint accounts or third party support" section.

Q1: Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?

Q2: Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

Question:

I will be providing my bank statement, my wife's bank statement, council bill with both our names, Water bill (with both our names), Electricity/Gas bill with my name.

So should I answer Yes to Q1 and No to Q2, because utility and council bill are jointed held?
After that the Part 1 needs to be signed by main applicant
Part 2 needs to be signed by my wife
Can we leave Part 3 empty? because there is no 3rd party?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:49 am

Correct. No need for part 3

raviocean
India

Post by raviocean » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:35 pm

Thanks Zimba

raviocean
India

Post by raviocean » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:18 am

Hello again,

I have few questions.

1. Will the option to select super priority, priority or standard comes before submitting the application or after? Asking this because I am thinking of applying alone first if I can manage to get super priority or priority.

2. There is a question under Immigration History "What evidence will you provide to support the reasons for all absences from the UK and Crown Dependencies?", now all my absences outside UK were when I was working for my first company. Although you mentioned above that this letter is not mandatory anymore but I will surely be providing this letter from my current employer.

So in the response I selected "Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK and Crown Dependencies and Other" and in the other checkbox I wrote "Payslips and passport stamps".

Would it be ok if I provide a single pdf file containing all the payslips from my previous employer, passport stamps showing my travel outside UK and absence letter from my current employer?

3. From current employer can we submit just one letter listing absences, still required for the job, SOC Code and salary? or separate letter.

Thanks a lot again.
Ravi