ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online Documents for ILR - Set (M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MrA2Z
Pakistan

Online Documents for ILR - Set (M)

Post by MrA2Z » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:10 pm

Hello fellow members, this forum is great place for the advice. I always visit here whenever I need some information and always get the required information. This time I cannot find some information so posting here.

I am going to apply the ILR for my wife who is on 5 year spouse visa route.

1. Can I download the online bank statements, utility bills etc and provide as proof of correspondence or Do I need to find out all the paper statements? I actually emailed home office and clearly asked about the online documents or scanned documents. I got the following reply:

"When you apply and submit your application, you will be provided with a document checklist. It will then be down to the caseworker to review and confirm the supporting documentation you have submitted.

https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk

Please note the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements for the visa they are applying for. Guidance material accompanies each and every application and should be considered when making an application. UK Visas and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.

Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice. Immigration advisers can help you with immigration matters, including completion of forms and representing you at a tribunal. The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates immigration advisers, which mean they must meet certain standards."

Very poor response from Home Office during this pandemic. One one hand government and all official departments are moving to online communication but on the other hand they don't provide clear guidance.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Online Documents for ILR - Set (M)

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:44 pm

All electronic evidence is accepted. UKVI does not offer immigration advice. Do not contact them for that as all those 'generic' responses you are getting comes from outsourced third parties
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

MrA2Z
Pakistan

Re: Online Documents for ILR - Set (M)

Post by MrA2Z » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:24 pm

Thanks for the information Zimba.