ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa application declined

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mirza2021
Newly Registered

Financial Requirement for Spouse Visa

Post by mirza2021 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:23 pm

Dear all members,

I have a question regarding financial requirement.

I am earning £18560 a year.

My p60 for year 2020-2021 is £19300.

Do I still need additional income to cover £40 short from my current job or my p60 for this year will cover that?

Thanks

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Financial Requirement for Spouse Visa

Post by TODMATT » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:30 pm

mirza2021 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:23 pm
Dear all members,

I have a question regarding financial requirement.

I am earning £18560 a year.

My p60 for year 2020-2021 is £19300.

Do I still need additional income to cover £40 short from my current job or my p60 for this year will cover that?

Thanks
P60 was issued in April so it won’t reflect you recent pay I believe. Are you salaried or unsalaried? Alternatively you can do overtime or probably speak to your employer to increase your income and if you have with them one year, you should consider CAT B if they are able to increase your salary to £18,600.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

mirza2021
Newly Registered

Post by mirza2021 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:42 pm

Actually I changed job and my current salary is £18560.

I am salaried.

I don't think they can increase my salary.

I will have to find a part time job to cover this shortage of salary

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:46 pm

mirza2021 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:42 pm
Actually I changed job and my current salary is £18560.

I am salaried.

I don't think they can increase my salary.

I will have to find a part time job to cover this shortage of salary
Well even if you find a new job, you either apply under Category B or wait until you have been with the new employer for 6 months to apply under category A. If you have recently changed jobs and you have been less than 6 months with your new employer, your income can only be counted under category B alternatively, you should speak to them if they can allow you to do some overtime to make it up.

mirza2021
Newly Registered

Post by mirza2021 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:48 pm

Thanks.

This is a fixed term contract, wont allow me to do overtime.

I will have to find something else to cover this shortage.

mirza2021
Newly Registered

Financial Requirement for Spouse Visa

Post by mirza2021 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:27 pm

Dear members and gurus,

I am currently in the process of applying for spouse visa for my wife. Let me give you my scenario:

I was employed by an agency on temporary basis from Nov 2019 until September 202hye 1. The salary paid to me was £18600 yearly.

I just joined a new company as soon as I finished my temporary assignment. The salary that I get it £18500.

As the salary is £100 short, I also have a part time job to cover this requirement for £18600.

My question is:

I just completed one month with new employers. The requirement which I read for spouse visa say that we need to provide six months payslips. As I only completed one month with both new employers, will this be a problem? I got all payslips from agency job from last two years. However as far as I know, the yearly salary should be £18600 no matter how many jobs you do.

Can someone please clear my confusion for the payslips of current job - I will be submitted two payslips for new job - one for Sep and one for Oct and intending to apply for visa in the first week of November.

Please can I get reply as soon as possible?

mirza2021
Newly Registered

Employer Address

Post by mirza2021 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:37 pm

Dear gurus and all members,

I have submitted spouse visa application for my wife last week.

I have just checked and noticed that, in application form, I have entered post code for one of my employers incorrect. It was auto selected as my home post code, however the letter from employer states the correct postcode.

Is this an issue or shall I notify homeoffice about this?

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Employer Address

Post by TODMATT » Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:42 am

mirza2021 wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:37 pm
Dear gurus and all members,

I have submitted spouse visa application for my wife last week.

I have just checked and noticed that, in application form, I have entered post code for one of my employers incorrect. It was auto selected as my home post code, however the letter from employer states the correct postcode.

Is this an issue or shall I notify homeoffice about this?
At least your employer has provide you with employment letter so it has their correct address on it and if you are extremely worried about, you can write a cover letter if you haven't attended bio otherwise it's fine.

mirza2021
Newly Registered

Further evidence requested

Post by mirza2021 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:27 pm

Hi all,

I have applied for my spouse's visa on 3rd Nov 2021. I got an email on 26th Jan that they are unable to conclude application as they require spouse's further bank statements and payslips for the agency job although those payslips don't fall within the financial year of application made.

I have provided them the same day.

Can anyone tell when is the decision likely to be made as we will be completing 3 months of application on 3rd Feb 2022.

Thanks,

Umair

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Further evidence requested

Post by TODMATT » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:14 pm

Can you post the email you received?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:18 pm

mirza2021 wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:27 pm
Hi all,

I have applied for my spouse's visa on 3rd Nov 2021. I got an email on 26th Jan that they are unable to conclude application as they require spouse's further bank statements and payslips for the agency job although those payslips don't fall within the financial year of application made.

I have provided them the same day.

Can anyone tell when is the decision likely to be made as we will be completing 3 months of application on 3rd Feb 2022.

Thanks,

Umair
No one can tell you with certainty when decision will be made. Note that for straightforward application can even take up to 6months or longer.

mirza2021
Newly Registered

Post by mirza2021 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:53 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:14 pm
Can you post the email you received?
Hi,

Yes this is below:
Dear xxxxxx

Regarding Visa Application: XXXXXXX
For: XXXXX

The UK Decision Making Centre is currently assessing the application submitted by the above named. We are unable to conclude the application at this time as we require additional information.

Could you please provide further evidence of how you meet the financial requirement. Please can you provide wage slips for your sponsor’s employment with XXXXX covering the period October 2020 to June 2021. Please also include a wage slip for the pay date 06/08/2021 as this one is missing. Please also submit further bank statements for your sponsor that cover the period October 2020 to June 2021.

Please send these documents as a scanned attachment within 10 working days to Sheffield.SettlementDocsRequested@fco.gov.uk quoting your application reference in the subject line. Please attach the document directly to the email as we are unable to access links to files hosted on sites such as Dropbox™ or Google Drive™.

Unfortunately due to the current COVID 19 outbreak, and the widespread travel and working restrictions both in the UK and abroad, our usual working practices have been disrupted and this may mean that we are not able to implement your decision once the requested information/evidence has been provided. Your application may remain on hold until normal service resumes.

We will endeavour to implement your decision as soon as we are able to do so.

Kind regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

mirza2021
Newly Registered

Spouse visa application declined

Post by mirza2021 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:19 pm

Hi all,

I have written in this forum before about applying for my wife's spouse visa. She got an email today from HO regarding her visa application is declined based on financial requirement:

Let me give you my case scenario:

I was employed by an agency on temporary basis from Nov 2019 to Sep 2021.

I applied for spouse visa on 3rd Nov 2021.

Before application, I switched my job from an agency to a permanent role & only provided one full month's payslip and one half month as I joined on 13 Sep 2021.

I also used previous job's wage slips from May 2021 to Sep 2021.

I went for my wedding in March 2021 and came back May 2021 hence continued my job.

HO asked for my previous payslips from Oct 2020 to June 2021. However as I was in Pakistan and wasn't working in UK from March to mid May 2021, I didn't provide those payslips.

The application fall under category B of financial requirement when you are with your current employer for six months or less.

However the application is refused based on below:

As your sponsor has been employed with their current employer for less than 6 months, you will need to meet the financial requirement through Category B. The Immigration Rules states that under Category B the financial requirement must be met and evidenced in two parts. Firstly, you have to evidence that your sponsor is currently employed and earning an annual salary of at least £18,600. Secondly, your sponsor has to evidence that they have earned at least £18,600 over the 12 month period prior to the date of application.
In regards to the first part you have provided one partial and one monthly wage slip for your sponsor’s employment current at X COMPANY showing they earn a gross annual salary of £18,561.96. You have also provided a monthly wage slip for your sponsor’s current employment at Y COMPANY showing that they earn a gross annual salary of £4,992.92. This means your sponsor’s total current annual gross salary is £23,561.88. I am therefore satisfied that you meet the first part of Category B.
Appendix FM Partner Refusal Version 01 17
In terms of the second part, you have failed to evidence that your sponsor has earned the required threshold over the 12 month period prior to the date of application. You have submitted weekly wage slips that cover the period 06.11.2020 – 05.03.2021 then from 04.06.2021 – 17.09.2021 from your sponsor’s previous employer, Z, which show total gross earnings of £13,751.50 in the 12 months prior to the date of application. From the evidence provided your sponsor has also earned £2,474.93 in their employment with Xl and earned £416.66 with Y. Your sponsors total gross earnings from all employment sources in the 12 months prior to the date of application is therefore £16,643.09. You have provided no further evidence that your sponsor has held any additional employment over the previous 12 months and I am therefore satisfied that you do not meet the second part of Category B.
Based on the details outlined above, I am satisfied that the required threshold has not been met in regards to the 2 parts of Category B. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph EC-P.1.1(d) of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. (E-ECP.3.1)

I thought the category B is fulfilled here provided all wage slips and annual salary covering £18600. Didn't know the previous employer should be 12 months.

Can anyone shed any light on this.

I am thinking to reapply next month when I will be having six months with my current employer (£18516 a year) and employer Y to cover the threshold of £18600.

Can anyone also tell if I just provide wage slips and bank statements of only current two employers and leave the agency payslips as next month I will be having six months anyway with both my current employers?

Thanks