ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Withdrawing and Re-Applying

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mattcannon2
Newly Registered
Mood:

Withdrawing and Re-Applying

Post by mattcannon2 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:19 pm

Hi,

My wife decided that she'd made one too many errors in her FLR-M application and decided to withdraw her application and put in a new one.

My question is how long does it take for the withdrawal to be processed such that we can apply again without it being considered a 'variation' of the previous application?

Biometrics had not been given, nor supporting documents scanned in.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Withdrawing and Re-Applying

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:08 pm

mattcannon2 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:19 pm
Hi,

My wife decided that she'd made one too many errors in her FLR-M application and decided to withdraw her application and put in a new one.

My question is how long does it take for the withdrawal to be processed such that we can apply again without it being considered a 'variation' of the previous application?

Once you click on the withdrawal or cancellation of application button and it gives you a feedback that it's cancelled. This in cases I know of is instantaneous.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:49 pm

mattcannon2 wrote:
Hi,

It usually take couple of days or weeks.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Theunknownusername
Wales

Post by Theunknownusername » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:56 am

To clarify the responses above, I put in a second application a few hours later after making the corrections and it was fine. Even though the cancellation page states that they will let you know if the cancellation was successful, I think you can just ignore that and treat it as cancelled. The refund then for the first application (IHS and Visa fee) was processed in 4 weeks, however it can take 6.

mattcannon2
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by mattcannon2 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:19 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:08 pm
mattcannon2 wrote:
Hi,

Once you click on the withdrawal or cancellation of application button and it gives you a feedback that it's cancelled. This in cases I know of is instantaneous.

Hi, we're worried that re-submitting will count as a variation, which won't be acceptable to us as a reason we were withdrawing is because some of our documents weren't dated right, we're worried that if they think it's a variation some of my bank statements etc will be invalid, do I need to worry about the home office classing our re-application as a variation of an old one, instead of just a whole fresh new one?
I hope that makes sense.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:21 pm

You're overthinking.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ZainUlllah07
Newly Registered

Post by ZainUlllah07 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:23 am

I have submitted my baby's dependent application on 06/08/2021 and cancelled it on 08/08/2021 (biometrics not given) and submitted a new application on after a few days and biometrics given and visa granted. You can re-apply for again any time as long as biometrics are not given and you will get IHS and visa application fee refund in 6-8 weeks time.

Kula

British Citizenship Application withdrawn after biometrics

Post by Kula » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:40 am

Hi Everyone,

I completed withdrawal form for my British citizenship application after biometrics. There were few minor mistakes and I did not want to take the risk. I know I won’t be refunded fee.
Can I apply for new British citizenship application straight away?
I will be grateful for your help.