ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When is an application withdrawn

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mattcannon2
Newly Registered
Mood:

When is an application withdrawn

Post by mattcannon2 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:27 pm

Hi,

My wife and I withdrew an application to re-apply at a later date when more documents fall in the 28-day period for a stronger application. We are aware that re-applying while the first application is 'active' may mean that it is treated as a variation, which would mean our documentation would be invalid as it would be dated after the first application. Home office guidance says that an application is considered withdrawn when the online form is received, however it is not clear at what point this is (when submit is clicked or when a case worker has read it and matched it to your application?).

At what time since giving in the form does the application count as withdrawn (and a subsequent application would not be considered a variation of the first one)?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: When is an application withdrawn

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:19 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.