ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost my BRP ins the country

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ZainUlllah07
Newly Registered

Lost my BRP ins the country

Post by ZainUlllah07 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:59 pm

Hi all

I have lost my BRP recently and cannot find it anywhere. I have reported it to the Home Office on 08/08/2021 and I have not received any email HO. Can someone advise me what do I need to do? If someone can share recent experience from inside the UK.

Thank you!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Lost my BRP ins the country

Post by sah10406 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:29 am

Get advice from the international student adviser at your university. They can liaise with their contact at the Home Office on your behalf, if necessary.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

ZainUlllah07
Newly Registered

Post by ZainUlllah07 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:36 am

oh sorry I didn't mention my status, I am not a student. I am on tier 2 visa and I need to go back home to visit. Do I need to submit a new application? If yes, how long it normally takes any idea?

Thank you for your reply.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:54 am

You posted your question in the student visa sub forum!!

Topic moved to the General Immigration sub forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ZainUlllah07
Newly Registered

Post by ZainUlllah07 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:29 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:54 am
You posted your question in the student visa sub forum!!

Topic moved to the General Immigration sub forum.
My apologies, I am new here so don't know much about the website.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:08 am

ZainUlllah07 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:36 am
I am on tier 2 visa and I need to go back home to visit. Do I need to submit a new application?
If you need to travel before you have received your new BRP, it is logistically awkward but possible.

You would need to declare it lost and apply for a single-use BRP visa in order to re-enter the UK. See https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... en-damaged > "If you're outside the UK".

Then when you get back to the UK, you will need to apply again for another replacement BRP.

If your new BRP arrives while you are away, and it is feasible for someone to sign for it and forward it to you, that would solve the problem too.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

ZainUlllah07
Newly Registered

Post by ZainUlllah07 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:06 am

sah10406 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:08 am
ZainUlllah07 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:36 am
I am on tier 2 visa and I need to go back home to visit. Do I need to submit a new application?
If you need to travel before you have received your new BRP, it is logistically awkward but possible.

You would need to declare it lost and apply for a single-use BRP visa in order to re-enter the UK. See https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... en-damaged > "If you're outside the UK".

Then when you get back to the UK, you will need to apply again for another replacement BRP.

If your new BRP arrives while you are away, and it is feasible for someone to sign for it and forward it to you, that would solve the problem too.

Thank you replying to my question. I have reported it as lost/stolen already from inside the UK and the Home Office has not contacted me yet neither have I received any email/acknowledgment from them and I have not yet submitted application for replacement from inside the UK, do you think if I go back home and apply from outside the country for a single-use BRP visa to enter the UK again, will it be ok if I reported it from inside the UK and applying for a single-use BRP visa from outside the UK?

I will appreciate if you can answer my question.

Thank you

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:56 am

ZainUlllah07 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:06 am
do you think if I go back home and apply from outside the country for a single-use BRP visa to enter the UK again, will it be ok if I reported it from inside the UK and applying for a single-use BRP visa from outside the UK?
Probably, but you will need to check what the single-use BRP application says.