ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bring Wife to UK during Student Visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Makki
Newly Registered

Bring Wife to UK during Student Visa

Post by Makki » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:00 pm

Hello,
I am MSc Student in the UK and my course is 1 year which started on January 2021 and will be finished in January 2022. My student Visa is from January 2021 to May 2022.
I will be married in Febraury 2022 and then I want to bring my Wife to UK on my student visa as my student visa is valid till May 2022. As I can not bring my wife on PSW, so I have to bring my wife during student visa.
My question is, some people say that my course is finishing on January 2022, I will not get Student status letter from university so I can not bring my Wife to UK. But my student visa is valid till May 2022.
Can I bring my Wife after January 2022 and before May 2022 because my Student Visa is still valid between January 2022 to May 2022?
What documents are necessary from My side and from my wife to apply for her visa?
How much time Visa process will take?
Is IELTS necessary for my Wife to do?

Thankyou in advance for your sincere guide.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Bring Wife to UK during Student Visa

Post by sah10406 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:03 am

Makki wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:00 pm
some people say that my course is finishing on January 2022, I will not get Student status letter from university so I can not bring my Wife to UK. But my student visa is valid till May 2022.
Who are these people who are saying that, and what part of the immigration rules are they quoting or citing?
Makki wrote:
Can I bring my Wife after January 2022 and before May 2022 because my Student Visa is still valid between January 2022 to May 2022?
Yes, of course.
Makki wrote:
What documents are necessary from My side and from my wife to apply for her visa?
How much time Visa process will take?
Is IELTS necessary for my Wife to do?
[/quote]
See https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/family-members
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.