ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application for my Daughter who has turned 18 in UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saldocms
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR application for my Daughter who has turned 18 in UK

Post by saldocms » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:54 am

Hello
Does anyone have experience of applying for ILR for their child who has become an adult during the qualifying period of 5 years on tier 2 dependent visa?
im applying for ULD and she needs to apply independently on set O , but not sure which option to select as she does not have a sponsor or meets salary requirement etc, she has English exam and life in UK test
Thanks
Salman

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR application for my Daughter who has turned 18 in UK

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:49 am

Child dependants do NOT have a qualifying period for ILR. They can settle when both parents settle. Any questions regarding Tier 2 is your old information. As she is over 18 now, she should meet the language and LIUK requirements and you must prove she is not leading an independent life
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice