ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing dependent Children over 18 to UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

harrypopsom
Newly Registered

Bringing dependent Children over 18 to UK

Post by harrypopsom » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:41 pm

Help Please. What visa can I bring my step daughters to be to UK. Student visa route is too expensive for me. They are 22 and 20, studying full time at University. I am waiting for my fiancee to get a divorce in Philippines, where Annulment takes 3-5 years. We are going to get the divorce in another country. I have been supporting my fiancee and children financially for the past 5 years. Can I bring them on Family Visa? I am a British Citizen from birth and have lived in UK for 45 years. I am 63.

secret.simon

Re: Bringing dependent Children over 18 to UK

Post by secret.simon » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:54 pm

Broadly, there is no visa that you can sponsor for your adult step-daughters to move to the UK.

They will have to move to the UK on a visa on their own steam, such as either a Student visa, or after they have graduated in their home country, a Skilled Worker visa sponsored by an eligible/licensed employer.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:57 pm

They would have to find a visa they qualify for themselves unfortunately. They would have needed to get an initial dependent visa before they turned 18 to qualify further.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/child
You were born outside the UK
Whether you can apply depends on your age and how your parent applied.

If you’re under 18
You must:

not be married, in a civil partnership or living an independent life
be financially supported without claiming public funds
One of your parents must also be applying or have applied for a visa or to extend their permission to stay as a:

partner - and the partner they’re joining is your other parent
parent - and they have sole parental responsibility for you
Otherwise, you might still be eligible to apply if there are serious reasons to let you come to, or stay in the UK and there are plans for your care.

If you’re over 18
Your parent can include you in their application as a dependant, or you can apply separately yourself. You can only apply if you:

got permission to stay in the UK (‘leave to remain’) on a family visa when you were under 18
do not live an independent life
You’re living an independent life if, for example, you’ve left home, got married and had children.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

harrypopsom
Newly Registered

Post by harrypopsom » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:39 pm

Thank you Simple.Simon and CR001

harrypopsom
Newly Registered

Post by harrypopsom » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:11 pm

One of my step daughter is studying Psychology and the other one is studying Criminology but is thinking of changing to Hotel and Restaurant Management. Do they have a chance to get further study course and/or work in that industry in UK. Will they be able to do a 1 year course after their 4 year university degree in Philippines.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:07 pm

harrypopsom wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:11 pm
One of my step daughter is studying Psychology and the other one is studying Criminology but is thinking of changing to Hotel and Restaurant Management. Do they have a chance to get further study course and/or work in that industry in UK. Will they be able to do a 1 year course after their 4 year university degree in Philippines.
The forum is not for job or employment or study advice. You may want to check for such forums to get the appropriate guidance.