ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 [General] Dependent Visa query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JCY
Newly Registered

Tier 2 [General] - ILR & Dependents Queries

Post by JCY » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:12 pm

Hi All,
I have a tricky situation as to request an advise from you according to my queries.
below are some key dates to be more clearer.

Initially started working since 01st April 2019 [T2 ICT Dependent].

The same Employer sponsored and details:
CoS Start date - 01st Aug 2020
Tier 2 [General] Application Submitted online - 27th Aug 2020 [for 5yrs and Paid IHS accordingly]
BRP - Issue Date - 07th Nov 2020 [printed & email]
BRP and CoS End Date - 01st Aug 2025

Now based on this, here are my queries:

Q1.) Can i apply for ILR at the end of my T2G Visa which is - 01st Aug 2025.

Q2.) If not, do i need to go for an Extension for 1yr [to cover any short fall duration for ILR]
[Your suggestion would help for my future plans in advance]

Q3.) Currently dependets have their Visa until 01st Oct 2024 based on main T2G visa [Covering 3yrs in full].
--[if Q1 -- is 'NO'] --> can the main applicant go for early extension[/b] at the same time of Dependents Visa expiry date 01st Oct 2024 - for revised CoS/Visa to acquire full 5years during this extension.

Thanks in advance.

JCY
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 [General] - ILR & Dependents Queries

Post by JCY » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:44 pm

Hi CR,
Appreciate if you can advise on these queries. Thank you.

JCY
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 [General] - ILR & Dependents Queries

Post by JCY » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:04 pm

Dear Moderators,
Can somebody help responding to my queries? thank you.

JCY
Newly Registered

Tier 2 [General] - ILR Timelines Issue

Post by JCY » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:51 am

Dear Moderators, [re-posting as it seems earlier one gone to a wrong thread]

I have a tricky situation requesting an advise from you accordingly.
below are some key dates to consider.

Initially started working since 01st April 2019 [T2 ICT Dependent].

The same Employer sponsored and details:
CoS Start date - 01st Aug 2020
Tier 2 [General] Application Submitted online - 27th Aug 2020 [for 5yrs and Paid IHS accordingly]
BRP - Issue Date - 07th Nov 2020 [printed & email - delayed due to Covid]
CoS End Date - 01st Aug 2025

Now based on this, here are my queries:

Q1.) Can i apply for ILR at the end of my T2G Visa which is - 01st Aug 2025.[because my T2 application with home office was on 27/08/2020]

Q2.) If not, do i need to go for an Extension for 1yr [to cover any short fall duration for ILR]
[Your suggestion would help for my future plans in advance]

Q3.) Currently dependets have their Visa until 01st Oct 2024 based on main T2G visa [Covering 3yrs in full].
--[if Q1 -- is 'NO'] --> can the main applicant go for early extension at the same time of Dependents Visa expiry date 01st Oct 2024 - for revised CoS/Visa to acquire full 5years during this extension. Assuming that would save avoiding multiple extensions for dependent holders.

Thanks in advance.

JCY
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 [General] - ILR Timelines Issue

Post by JCY » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:27 pm

Hi CR,
Could you please take a look at this post and reply with your suggestions.
Thank you.

JCY
Newly Registered

Tier 2 [General] Dependent Visa query

Post by JCY » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:21 pm

Hi All,

I am posting again the same query as to get some answers/help at least this time with some corrections. Need this little urgent as to decide with the application form.
I am working since 01/04/2019 [T2 ICT Dependent].
Later, The same Employer sponsored -
CoS Start date - 01/08/2020 [as per the CoS Copy]
Tier 2 [General] Application Submitted online - 27/08/2020 [for 5yrs and Paid IHS accordingly]
BRP - Issued Date - 07/11/2020 [printed & email - delayed due to Covid]
BRP & CoS End Date - 01/08/2025

1.)shall i apply ILR at the end of my current Tier 2 Visa which is until - 01/08/2025 without any further extension to my Tier 2 visa considering 28days grace period as i was initially submitted my Tier 2 application on 27/08/2020.

2.)Currently planning for dependents (wife & Kids) Visa based on my Tier 2 CoS - but not sure whether to go for 4yrs or only 3yrs from the Visa Cost perspective to avoid multiple extensions.

Because, If Q1.) answer is 'NO', then anyway i (main applicant) have to go for an extension to cover any short fall days/months as per my current BRP dates mentioned above to be eligible for ILR.

So that now i will do for my dependents 4yrs[as to avoid extension before my current BRP expiry].
Then together we go for extension when my current BRP/CoS expires to cover any time falling short to eligble for ILR all at a time.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 [General] Dependent Visa query

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:41 pm

1.)shall i apply ILR at the end of my current Tier 2 Visa which is until - 01/08/2025 without any further extension to my Tier 2 visa considering 28days grace period as i was initially submitted my Tier 2 application on 27/08/2020.
Your qualifying period starts from the date your Tier 2 was ISSUED and not the date you submitted your application.
2.)Currently planning for dependents (wife & Kids) Visa based on my Tier 2 CoS - but not sure whether to go for 4yrs or only 3yrs from the Visa Cost perspective to avoid multiple extensions.
They should have applied for and been granted a visa in line with yours. Why is this not the case?
Because, If Q1.) answer is 'NO', then anyway i (main applicant) have to go for an extension to cover any short fall days/months as per my current BRP dates mentioned above to be eligible for ILR.
You can apply for ILR no sooner than within 28 days before the initial visa issue date. You will unfortunately, need to extend your visa as you are more than 3 months short for ILR.

p.s. you should consider the confusing way you are posting and asking questions with limited details to understand why no one is responding to your query. It is not for us to try work out what you are asking when you don't post clear information. We are all unpaid volunteers.

Also registering a second username because you are impatient, is not good practice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JCY
Newly Registered

Post by JCY » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:06 am

Hi CR001, morning. Thanks for your response :).
on your second comment - that was because my wife currently holding ICT and kids are her dependents. Now her ICT reaching to 5yrs expiry[mid Nov'2021]. So they have to apply as my dependets [T2 General] now.
Another reason that when i went for T2 General last year Aug..the rule was to apply outside [from Home Country] of UK. Due to the covid situation we tried within UK. So, thought not to apply for all in case rejected all our money would wasted and also a rejection remark for all. Due to Covid consideration got BRP finally though we applied in Aug'2020.

And when i applied for my T2 G visa i was overlooked the CoS dates that caused falling short of 3 months for ILR, leading to extension as per your advise. Based on this point i wanted to decide whether my dependents should apply now for 3yrs/4yrs [to save some cost & my CoS remains around 4yrs only].
I mean seeking for a best advise here to avoid multiple extensions as that would add more cost till ILR.

On your last comment - We were in little hurry in order to decide before the current ICT dependent visas expiry and to apply T2 G dependents visas by this month end.Because current ICT sponsor has a plan to end assignment little before. Also i was not aware where all my posts/requests are going that was in a confusion. thanks a lot for letting me know and really appreciate your valuble suggestions as you do always that is helping lot of people in this forum :).

Thank again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:27 pm

If your family is switching to be your dependent in the UK, their 5 year clock for ilr starts from the date their dependent visas are issued. They will require another extension regardless before they will qualify for ILR.

A dependent visa for all of them will have the same expiry dates as yours and their applications will be based on the length of tour cos. You cannot choose a lesser time visa for them I'd they are switching to your be your dependents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.