ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(M): How to choose Super Priority Service?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

stoli412
Newly Registered
United States of America

SET(M) application timing: advice needed

Post by stoli412 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:34 pm

Hi all, I'm trying to determine the earliest date I can submit my application for ILR, using a SET(M) visa on the 5 year route. Here is my immigration timeline:

18 Nov 2014: Arrived in the UK on a T2(ICT) visa
8 Sep 2016: Married a British citizen
21 Oct 2016: Submitted and granted FLR(M) for 30 months (BRP valid until 19 May 2019)
2 May 2019: Submitted FLR(M) extension
19 Jun 2019: Granted FLR(M) extension for 30 months (BRP valid until 5 Jan 2022)
21 Oct 2021: 60 months will be completed

The language in my letter from the Home Office is confusing (to me at least):
Following a continuous period of lawful leave to remain in the UK of at least five years (60 months), and subject to meeting the requirements of the Immigration Rules at the time, you may be eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK. You must apply before the end of your authorised stay in the UK, but not more than 28 days before completing that period. If you apply earlier than that, your application may be refused.
Here are my questions:
  • Is "end of your authorised stay" referring to the valid until date on my BRP (5 Jan 2022)?
  • Is "not more than 28 days before completing that period" referring to my "continuous period of lawful leave to remain in the UK of at least five years" (21 Oct 2021), or is it the end of my "authorised stay" (5 Jan 2022)?
Basically I need to know the earliest date I can submit my application. Is it:
  • 23 Sep 2021 (28 days before completing my 60 months)
  • 21 Oct 2021 (completing my 60 months)
  • 8 Dec 2021 (28 days before my BRP expires)
Bonus questions:
  • I'm planning to use the Super Priority Service for a next-day decision. Does that need to be taken into consideration (ie, say I submit my application on 23 Sep and am able to get a biometrics appointment straight away, could I be granted ILR the next day even though it's before my 60 months complete on 21 Oct)?
  • My Life in the UK test is scheduled for 23 Sep (I'm confident I'll pass). Do you get the results and reference number the same day as the test?
I'm aiming for the earliest date I can apply because I'm in the middle of buying a house and want this sorted as soon as possible, AND my bank (NatWest) requires that I periodically provide them evidence of my right to stay in the UK in order to keep my arranged overdraft. My overdraft will expire on 1 Oct unless I show them my BRP, and when I had to do this a couple years ago they refused to accept my BRP because it had less than 6 months remaining. Moving into a new house and not having access to my overdraft for any unexpected costs is not a situation I want to be in!

I'm sorry for the long and detailed post, and I'm grateful for any advice you can provide. My head is spinning trying to read through all the Home Office guidance and sifting through various websites!

zimba
Mood:

Re: SET(M) application timing: advice needed

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:54 pm

Your visa expiry is irrelevant. You can apply within 28 days of completing the 60 months. ILR can be granted from that point onwards. As far as I know LIUK test results should be available to you immediately
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

stoli412
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: SET(M) application timing: advice needed

Post by stoli412 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:06 am

Hi Zimba, thanks for your thoughts. Your straightforward response confirms I'm probably worrying needlessly about this. I'll submit my application this weekend after I have my LIUK test ref number. Fingers crossed.

stoli412
Newly Registered
United States of America

ILR SET(M): How to choose Super Priority Service?

Post by stoli412 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:37 am

Hi all, I'm just about to submit my ILR application and got to the payment section and the only option it's showing is Standard Service (see screenshot). I don't see any option for Super Priority Service and it says I cannot change this once I submit my application. Does the option to add Super Priority Service appear later in the application? I'm afraid to go any further!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: ILR SET(M): How to choose Super Priority Service?

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:11 am

You may want to check after 0100 as from other members experiences such premium appointment times appears at such times.

stoli412
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by stoli412 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:19 am

Thanks! I'll check back at 1am and see if it offers me the option. Do you know if they release new appointments every day at 1am or just Monday to Friday?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:39 pm

stoli412 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:19 am
Thanks! I'll check back at 1am and see if it offers me the option. Do you know if they release new appointments every day at 1am or just Monday to Friday? Can not categorically tell you if this is only on weekdays. Hoping you can update the forum of your experience.

stoli412
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by stoli412 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:21 am

Super Priority Appointments available right on the dot at 1am Saturday morning. Appointment booked for Wed 29 Sep!