ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reckonable residence and application time

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

davebecks
Newly Registered
Ireland

Reckonable residence and application time

Post by davebecks » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:42 pm

Hi All,

I've lived in Ireland since Nov 2016 and plan to apply for citizenship based on living here for 5 years on my Stamp 1 and Stamp 4 visa.

In these 5 years, I've been on holidays for a total of about 100 days and in no year have I been out for more than 6 weeks.

My question is:
1) Should I apply as soon as my 5 years is up in November this year?
2) or should I also add the 100 days I was out of Ireland in the last 5 years before applying i.e around Feb 2022..

I've had different opinions from friends, so I'm not sure if this absence will factor in when they return the passport back?

Thanks in advance.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Reckonable residence and application time

Post by littlerr » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:36 pm

You can apply as soon as your 5 years are up. No absences will be counted as long as you haven't been abroad for more than 6 weeks in any of the 5 years. Of course, check at the time to see how long it would take to get your passport back, just so that it doesn't disrupt your winter plan (e.g. Xmas abroad) as it may take months before you receive your passport.

davebecks
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by davebecks » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:55 am

Thanks very much for the clarification. :) I might look to send the documents in Jan then since most offices work at reduced capacity in December owing to holidays anyway.

On the same point, how do I calculate the number of days spent outside the state.
For ex: if my flight left Dublin on 10th Jan and the return flight returned on 15th Jan, then how many days am I out?
- 6 days ( counting both 10th and 15th Jan)
- 5 days (counting either departure or arrival date as being present in Ireland)
- 4 days( counting both days as being present in Ireland)?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:00 am

4 days. An absent day means you are out of state for the whole 24 hours.

davebecks
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by davebecks » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:47 am

That's great. Thanks for your quick responses.

ChristinaLeary
Turkey

Post by ChristinaLeary » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:05 pm

Hi Litter / Vorona

Appreciate if you can resolve my query also.

While counting the days outside of Ireland, i have realized that i was out of the state for 100+ days due to work and holidays. I have decided to complete those days before submitting my naturalization application.

Now i came to Ireland in mid - March which means that every year should run from 15th March 2017 to 15 March 2018 etc. Now when i include my absent days, i am eligible to apply on 1 Feb 2022.

How do i count the year now? Shall i again change it to 1 Feb 2017 to 1 Feb 2018 while preparing the excel for absent days as my application date is now changed to Feb?

Please advise?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:13 pm

ChristinaLeary wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:05 pm
Hi Litter / Vorona

Appreciate if you can resolve my query also.

While counting the days outside of Ireland, i have realized that i was out of the state for 100+ days due to work and holidays. I have decided to complete those days before submitting my naturalization application.

Now i came to Ireland in mid - March which means that every year should run from 15th March 2017 to 15 March 2018 etc. Now when i include my absent days, i am eligible to apply on 1 Feb 2022.

How do i count the year now? Shall i again change it to 1 Feb 2017 to 1 Feb 2018 while preparing the excel for absent days as my application date is now changed to Feb?

Please advise?
Please continue your ongoing questions in your own topic that you already have! It is considered rude and unfair to others to tag your questions onto their topic, which then creates confusion.

ireland/bank-statements-for-irish-citiz ... l#p2014690

See also point 12 of the forum rules FAQs!

announcements/read-me-getting-started-t ... 24804.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.