ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Valid date for ILR application submission

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Megan1234
Newly Registered
Australia

Valid date for ILR application submission

Post by Megan1234 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:19 am

Hi there, I've got a question on dates for my ILR.

So my eligibility for ILR is coming up next year on a spouse visa on the 5 year route. I initally came out here on a T5 youth mobility visa (aussie) and started living with my partner immediately so we qualified for a spouse visa and I moved onto that directly after my T5 (2 years living together)
I received my approval letter for the spousal visa on the 18th of March 2017 and have been living continuously on this visa since this date, successfully recieving my renewal after the initial 2.5 years.
My current BRP expires on the 22nd of May 2022.

Can I apply for my ILR 28 days before the 18th of March 2022 (the 5 years from my initial spouse visa approval letter) or must I wait till 28 days before the 22nd of May 2022 (my BRP expiry date)?

Thanks so much, it's very appreciated!
Meg

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Valid date for ILR application submission

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:59 am

What was the start initial date on your first spouse visa brp card?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Megan1234
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Megan1234 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:56 pm

So after digging through old pics for this it looks like the date of issue was:
16-03-17

So sounds like I can apply 28 days before this date?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:56 pm

Your visa expiry date is irrelevant. It is 28 days from completing your 60 months which will be in Feb 2022
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice