ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Renewal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ladcameo
Newly Registered
India

ILR Renewal

Post by ladcameo » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:00 am

Hi,

I stayed in India for the most part of last year and a good 5 months this year due to personal reasons. And I just found out that there is continous residency rule to apply for citizenship where in you cannot stay for more than 450 days and am well over it.

So am thinking to renew my ILR card when it expires, so wanted to know if there are any rules to renew my card as well ?

manci
Respected Guru

Re: ILR Renewal

Post by manci » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:42 am

ILR doesn't expire but it will lapse if you stay outside the UK for 2 years or longer in which case you'll have to apply for a returning resident visa.

For naturalisation you'll have to comply with the absence rules and this has nothing to do with your BRP card.

You can apply for a new BRP card before the current one expires but it may take up to 6 months to get a new card.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice