ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Extension - Proposed Documents List

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Robstin2014
United States of America

FLR(M) - Are NHS staff exempt from paying the IHS?

Post by Robstin2014 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:52 pm

Hi,

My wife is due to extend her spouse visa in October.

She has worked for the NHS for the last 3.5 years.

I believe it was announced that as a result of Covid-19, all NHS staff members would be exempt from paying the Immigration Healthcare Surcharge.

Is this the case / does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.

Robstin2014
United States of America

FLR(M) Supporting Documents for Application

Post by Robstin2014 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:56 pm

Hi,

Does anyone have a generic list of supporting documents which my wife and I can use for guidance to assist us in applying for her FLR(M) application?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) - Are NHS staff exempt from paying the IHS?

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:07 pm

Robstin2014 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:52 pm
Hi,

I believe it was announced that as a result of Covid-19, all NHS staff members would be exempt from paying the Immigration Healthcare Surcharge.

Thanks.
What work does she do in the NHS? Not all jobs are exempt from ihs and there is a specific list of eligibility.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Robstin2014
United States of America

Re: FLR(M) Supporting Documents for Application

Post by Robstin2014 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:20 pm

Sept 2018 to July 2020 - Healthcare Assistant
July 2020 to Present - Hospital Risks and Requirements Manager

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:21 pm

She has to pay the ihs fee unfortunately.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Robstin2014
United States of America

Post by Robstin2014 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:38 pm

Oh well, worth a try!

On a separate note; do you know where I could find an up to date list of the supporting documents required for a FLR(M) application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:29 pm

The online form will tell you what you need.

Same financial evidence requirement and also evidence of 2 years cohabitation in both your names
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Neeky
Mood:

Re: FLR(M) - Are NHS staff exempt from paying the IHS?

Post by Neeky » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:29 pm

Robstin2014 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:52 pm
Hi,

Thanks.

She can claim it back once it’s paid. In fact , She can claim right now from March 2020 but they only refund for 6 months at a time then in 6 months time you can claim for another 6 months period . I’ve done my first lot but back then my NHS surcharge was only £500 so I got refunded only £200. Going to apply for the next £200 then the £100

Neeky
Mood:

Post by Neeky » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:21 pm
She has to pay the ihs fee unfortunately.
Then she can get refunded once it’s paid.

Robstin2014
United States of America

FLR(M) Supporting Documents

Post by Robstin2014 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:26 am

Hi,

From what I understand the proof of cohabitation/address requirement for FLR(M) can be met either by providing 6 x items of correspondence in joint names or 12 x items in single names.

My wife and I are gathering all of the letters etc we can for her application next month but so far can only find 4 x items of correspondence in joint names.

Presumably it is possible to provide a combination of correspondence in joint names and single names, but how many would be required in this instance?

Thanks.

Robstin2014
United States of America

Re: FLR(M) Supporting Documents

Post by Robstin2014 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:53 pm

Could anyone advise?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:07 pm

Robstin2014 wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:26 am
Hi,

From what I understand the proof of cohabitation/address requirement for FLR(M) can be met either by providing 6 x items of correspondence in joint names or 12 x items in single names.

My wife and I are gathering all of the letters etc we can for her application next month but so far can only find 4 x items of correspondence in joint names.

Presumably it is possible to provide a combination of correspondence in joint names and single names, but how many would be required in this instance?

Thanks.
Yes, that will mean meeting the remaining with 2 letters addressed to each person I.e. 2 letters in sponsors name and 2 in applicants name.

Edwardo
Mood:

Post by Edwardo » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:41 pm

We were a bit worried by the rather cryptic 'you can then send this amount instead' but also 'should be spaced out at 3-4 months intervals' (or whatever it was).

So we sent 3 joint papers (utility bills ) and 6 each in single name as those ones (single names) were easier to 'space out'.

The application was successful so doing this (sending more)won't be held against you!

As I have said elsewhere here, I was surprised that as the sponsor I also had to provide a 2-year correspondence trail.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:48 am

Edwardo wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:41 pm
We were a bit worried by the rather cryptic 'you can then send this amount instead' but also 'should be spaced out at 3-4 months intervals' (or whatever it was).

So we sent 3 joint papers (utility bills ) and 6 each in single name as those ones (single names) were easier to 'space out'.

The application was successful so doing this (sending more)won't be held against you!

As I have said elsewhere here, I was surprised that as the sponsor I also had to provide a 2-year correspondence trail. Shouldn't, at initial application, proof of genuine n subsisting relationship was asked for, now partner came here to be with you so such letters tieing you both to same address is part of what HO wants to see.

Edwardo
Mood:

Post by Edwardo » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:35 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:48 am
Edwardo wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:41 pm

As I have said elsewhere here, I was surprised that as the sponsor I also had to provide a 2-year correspondence trail. Shouldn't, at initial application, proof of genuine n subsisting relationship was asked for, now partner came here to be with you so such letters tieing you both to same address is part of what HO wants to see.

Yes indeed, was slack on my behalf.

I think once you have been through the deep stress of the initial spouse visa you tend to put it all to the back of your mind. So lesson learned - will look into the rules and expectations for indefinite leave to remain/citizenship soon. (But keep my correspondence now!)

Robstin2014
United States of America

FLR(M) Extension - Proposed Documents List

Post by Robstin2014 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:46 pm

Hi

My wife’s current spouse visa was granted in mid-April 2019 and is due to expire in mid-October 2021, we are preparing our documents to submit via the Super Priority Service next week.

She is a citizen of the United States and we both still earn above the required financial requirement.

We would really appreciate it if anyone could review the list below of the documents which we have compiled and let us know if there is anything missing (or should remove anything)?

Financial Requirement (provided by Sponsor);
- 6 months of payslips (April 2021 to September 2021)
- 6 months of corresponding bank statements (printed online)
- Letter from employer confirming job title, duration worked at the company, annual salary and legitimacy of payslips

Correspondence to prove address and maintenance of marital status;
- DBS Check letter, May 2019 – in applicants name
- Electricity bill, June 2019 – in sponsors name
- Tenancy Agreement, August 2019 – in joint names
- Tenancy Agreement, November 2019 – in joint names
- Council Tax bill, March 2020 – in joint names
- Tenancy Agreement, July 2020 – in join names
- Mortgage Offer letter, November 2020 – in join names
- Car loan agreement, January 2021 – in joint names
- Council tax bill, March 2021 – in joint names
- Shared Ownership landlord letter, May 2021 – in joint names
- Water bill, July 2021 – in joint names

Online Application and Supporting Declarations (not completed yet)
- 1x Completed FLR (M) Online Application Form
- 1x IHS Payment e-receipt
- Biometrics + Relevant Declarations

We are slightly concerned about the gaps between November 2019 to March 2020, July 2020 to November 2020 and anything after July 2021. Can anyone advise?

Many thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: FLR(M) Extension - Proposed Documents List

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:08 am

Robstin2014 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:46 pm
Hi

My wife’s current spouse visa was granted in mid-April 2019 and is due to expire in mid-October 2021, we are preparing our documents to submit via the Super Priority Service next week.

She is a citizen of the United States and we both still earn above the required financial requirement.

We would really appreciate it if anyone could review the list below of the documents which we have compiled and let us know if there is anything missing (or should remove anything)?

Financial Requirement (provided by Sponsor);
- 6 months of payslips (April 2021 to September 2021)
- 6 months of corresponding bank statements (printed online)
- Letter from employer confirming job title, duration worked at the company, annual salary and legitimacy of payslips

Correspondence to prove address and maintenance of marital status;
- DBS Check letter, May 2019 – in applicants name
- Electricity bill, June 2019 – in sponsors name
- Tenancy Agreement, August 2019 – in joint names
- Tenancy Agreement, November 2019 – in joint names
- Council Tax bill, March 2020 – in joint names
- Tenancy Agreement, July 2020 – in join names
- Mortgage Offer letter, November 2020 – in join names
- Car loan agreement, January 2021 – in joint names
- Council tax bill, March 2021 – in joint names
- Shared Ownership landlord letter, May 2021 – in joint names
- Water bill, July 2021 – in joint names

Online Application and Supporting Declarations (not completed yet)
- 1x Completed FLR (M) Online Application Form
- 1x IHS Payment e-receipt
- Biometrics + Relevant Declarations

We are slightly concerned about the gaps between November 2019 to March 2020, July 2020 to November 2020 and anything after July 2021. Can anyone advise?

Many thanks.
The first 6 months after arriving in UK not required, only last 2 years from date of application.
The interval still stays 4 months so should be OK.

Robstin2014
United States of America

Post by Robstin2014 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:08 am

Thanks for your guidance. She was on a Tier 4 student visa and switched to the spouse visa in Apr 2019, but presumably this makes no difference.

When we initially applied for her first 2.5 years, we needed to submit scanned copies of passports and all of our bank statements needed to be stamped by the bank in person. Are both of these still required?

On a separate note, a lot of our documents are still in my wife's maiden name. We got married back when she was on her student visa but some of the companies/organisations have taken their time to update her name to reflect her married last name. I'd imagine this is common but just wanted to check its acceptable for UKVI.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:39 pm

Robstin2014 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:08 am
Thanks for your guidance. She was on a Tier 4 student visa and switched to the spouse visa in Apr 2019, but presumably this makes no difference.

When we initially applied for her first 2.5 years, we needed to submit scanned copies of passports and all of our bank statements needed to be stamped by the bank in person. Are both of these still required? Online statements resembling same as you would receive in the post are accepted, no need to be stamped, this is done electronically

On a separate note, a lot of our documents are still in my wife's maiden name. We got married back when she was on her student visa but some of the companies/organisations have taken their time to update her name to reflect her married last name. I'd imagine this is common but just wanted to check its acceptable for UKVI. Explain this in a note and if there legal chsngr of name, include such evidence.

Robstin2014
United States of America

Post by Robstin2014 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:38 am

Thanks. A few more questions if I may;

1) Although my wife makes more money than me per year, we intend to use my bank statements and payslips to demonstrate the financial requirement as my pay stays the same throughout the period and my payslips are easier to read/understand. I comfortably earn above the £18,600 required. Is this satisfactory, or would be it be more sensible to use her payslips etc, or both of ours combined?

2) Say if we were to just use my income to evidence the financial requirement, could I include some of my wife's bank statements to prove status of address for some of the areas in which I have left 4 month gaps? I wouldn't want this to get confused with evidence for the financial requirement though.

3) Have there been any major changes to the UKVI criteria which we need to be aware of since applying for the initial 2.5 years in April 2019?

We really appreciate all the help on this great forum!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:24 pm

Robstin2014 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:38 am
Thanks. A few more questions if I may;

1) Although my wife makes more money than me per year, we intend to use my bank statements and payslips to demonstrate the financial requirement as my pay stays the same throughout the period and my payslips are easier to read/understand. I comfortably earn above the £18,600 required. Is this satisfactory, or would be it be more sensible to use her payslips etc, or both of ours combined? If yours is easier an the documentation straightforward then use yours only, no need to combine both and complicate things or cause confuse.

2) Say if we were to just use my income to evidence the financial requirement, could I include some of my wife's bank statements to prove status of address for some of the areas in which I have left 4 month gaps? I wouldn't want this to get confused with evidence for the financial requirement though. Yes you can. Upload it same section you do for other evidence of cohabitation/address and state that's what they are for.

3) Have there been any major changes to the UKVI criteria which we need to be aware of since applying for the initial 2.5 years in April 2019?

We really appreciate all the help on this great forum!

Robstin2014
United States of America

Post by Robstin2014 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:06 pm

Hi all,

We are still yet to submit my wife's FLR(M) application because we are waiting for a letter from my employer to confirm some specific details of my employment.

Her current visa is set to expire on 26th October 2021.

I understand that as long as her application is submitted before the expiration date it is acceptable, however we would like to submit using the Super Priority Service and when we originally submitted her initial Spouse Visa application in 2019, it took 3 weeks to find an available appointment in Croydon to complete her biometrics etc.

Would it still be acceptable if we were to have submitted online before the 26th, but have an appointment perhaps worst case 2 weeks after?

I suppose it depends of how "submission" is defined; whether it is the initial online application or upon completion of the biometrics.

If anyone could provide some guidance it would be appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:09 pm

The date of application is the date you submit and pay online and not the biometric appointment date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Robstin2014
United States of America

Post by Robstin2014 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:03 pm

Thanks.

Are scanned passports from the applicant and sponsor required for a FLR(M) application?

Dsandhu

Post by Dsandhu » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:06 pm

Hi ,

Can some please advise on the below my husband spouse visa is due to finish in feb 2022. We will be applying for his extension in Jan 2022.

I work in NHS and meet the financial requirements of 18600. I am currently on maternity leave started in jan 2021 until 3 jan 2022. The pay amount goes less when you are on maternity leave.

My question is can i use my 6 months playslipa prior to maternity leave to meet financial requirements.

Please advise on this x