ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Extension - Proof of income having changed from Ltd Co. to PAYE in last 3 months

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

guitared
Newly Registered

FLR (M) Extension - Proof of income having changed from Ltd Co. to PAYE in last 3 months

Post by guitared » Mon May 31, 2021 11:08 pm

Hi

I'm looking to get the documents together for my wife's FLR (M) visa extension. I did the first application myself just under 2.5 years ago with no real issues, and was hoping the extension to be simpler, however my employment has recently changed and this has got me wondering what I need to submit. The situation is as follows:
  • FLR (M) Extension needs be be applied for up to 28 days before 1st August 2021
  • From August 2019 until present day I am a director and main shareholder (my spouse being the only other shareholder) of a limited company. Due to changes in IR35 as of April 2021 I have not been able to invoice my current contract through the company and have had to go via an umbrella company
  • On the advice of my accountant I extended the first set of accounts up to 18 months, so my company financial year end accounts run to 31st January 2021
  • Due to the changes in IR35 I paid myself a salary and dividends up to April 2021, but effectively the company is now dormant until I change contracts (likely end of year) or I will have to dissolve the company if I can't find a contract outside of IR35
  • As of April 2021 I have been getting paid PAYE through a reputable umbrella company to be compliant with IR35
  • Comparing to the 6 months of bank records I will have 3 months of limited company income and 3 months of umbrella income at time of application
I have a few questions:
  • Can I provide just proof of the umbrella income, or do I need to provide all the Ltd Company info as well e.g. CT600, dividend vouchers etc? Having to provide all the company documents will be a major pain and add a huge level of complexity to the application
  • Are umbrella companies classed as PAYE? I get weekly payslips which state PAYE but just want to be absolutely sure as my weekly amount varies when I take holiday or there are bank holidays etc
  • If my bank statements show income from the limited company in Jan/Feb/Mar 2021 and I don't provide supporting evidence of how this was earned i.e. via my company, will this cause the application to be rejected?
  • If I do have to submit both limited company and umbrella proof of income, the limited company financial results are 18 months and not 12, will this cause an issue?

hashtxt1
Newly Registered
India

Re: FLR (M) Extension - Proof of income having changed from Ltd Co. to PAYE in last 3 months

Post by hashtxt1 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:21 am

Hi I am in a similar situation.
I used to work via my limited company but since 22nd March 2021 working via an umbrella due to IR35.
I'm planning to apply for my wife's spouse visa in 1st week of October (so that I can complete 6 months with Umbrella). My hope was to make the application via Category A - Non salaried for financial requirement. Trying to keep it simpler
The application form is currently asking the payslips for last 12 months, instead of 6. But since I was (still is) the director of the ltd company do I need to show CAT F for 6 months prior to the umbrella tenure?

Could you please share your experience on how things went? .
Thanks

Davin
Pakistan

Re: FLR (M) Extension - Proof of income having changed from Ltd Co. to PAYE in last 3 months

Post by Davin » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:46 pm

My friend recently applied for his wife's extension. He was working through ltd and then changed to umbrella from March 2021. He applied under category B and proved his current annualised average income was more than 18600 and also he earned more than 18600 in 12 months prior to the application date. For 2nd part he provided umbrella payslips plus ltd company payslips, accounts and self assessment for year April 2020 to March 2021 where his income on self assessment was also greater than 18600. ( I am also his accountant) They got the visa in 3 weeks.

hashtxt1
Newly Registered
India

Post by hashtxt1 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:23 pm

Hi Davin
Thanks very much. I may have an option to go CAT-A as I'll be 6 months old at the umbrella! But interestingly, my application shows this on the address bar of the form:
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... EmploymentEvidenceCatB

Either way, a few additional questions since my situation is similar to your friend's.
On the form it there is an evidence checklist and it says:

A letter from xxxxxxxxx's employer(s) who issued the payslips confirming
5. the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency)

Was this letter from the end client or the umbrella or recruitment-agency? also what was the type of employment (permanent/temporary)? Also on the same page, it asks for:

Optionally, I will also provide the following documents as additional evidence:
A signed contract of employment

Was signed contract provided or was it ignored as it is optional? if provided, was it from umbrella/end-client/recruitment-agency ?

It would very kind of you if you give some additional info
Thanks

Davin
Pakistan

Post by Davin » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:47 am

Letter was from Umbrella.

No mention of end client on the letter.

Job type mentioned on the letter was Permanent. I think usually Umbrella employment is considered Permanent even if you have a temporary contract with end client.

He did not include employment contract. Just letter.

Umbrella was kind enough to tailor the letter for visa application.

See attached document.

Hope it helps and good luck.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210919-114522_Photo Editor.jpg
Screenshot_20210919-114522_Photo Editor.jpg (234.88 KiB) Viewed 445 times

hashtxt1
Newly Registered
India

Post by hashtxt1 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:59 pm

Really appreciate it mate, Thank you very much