ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Resit result delayed and visa expires!!!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Usamaimpaki4
Newly Registered

Resit result delayed and visa expires!!!

Post by Usamaimpaki4 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:54 pm

I have my resit on 29th on Nov and its result will come on 18th of January and my visa is expiring on 11th of January. I tried to convince my university but they asked me to call HO and HO says there is no way u have to talk to your university. Is there any way that i can apply for PSW???

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Resit result delayed and visa expires!!!

Post by sah10406 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:46 am

You will need to be in the UK with a Student visa when you get your results.

Why is the university referring you direct to the Home Office about this matter? The Home Office doesn't give visa advice, and as they have correctly told you, whether you can be sponsored for a Student visa extension is up to your university not the Home Office.

Your course now ends on 29 November, so your university should support a visa extension application. Why are they saying they will not?

Which university is this?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Usamaimpaki4
Newly Registered

Post by Usamaimpaki4 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:22 pm

Its coventry university and they are saying that they can not give extension as you will not be taking classes. And i asked them to give us result before our visa expires and they denied this request as well

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:21 pm

Usamaimpaki4 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:22 pm
Its coventry university and they are saying that they can not give extension as you will not be taking classes.
But you do have a resit. There is nothing stopping your university sponsoring you for a Student visa extension on that basis.

Maybe you can escalate the query to someone more senior.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.