ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What documentation do you need to apply for citizenship through Stamp 4 EUFAM?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AugustineOrtiz
Newly Registered
Ireland

What documentation do you need to apply for citizenship through Stamp 4 EUFAM?

Post by AugustineOrtiz » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:33 am

I was previously on a Stamp 4 EUFAM but my partner and I separated before the visa ended so I wasn't able to apply for residence permit or anything else. Because of that, I had to apply (and was approved) for a critical skills work permit instead.

My former partner and I are not on speaking terms and they left the country following the breakup.

I have all of the relevant documentation I need to apply for citizenship but it's not clear to me if I need to submit any documentation from my former partner and what that documentation might be.

Does anyone have guidance on this? Thanks in advance

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Re: What documentation do you need to apply for citizenship through Stamp 4 EUFAM?

Post by Statusquo73 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:51 am

Through EUFAM4 you will need mostly your partner's documents. They wont accept or give you citizenship if he or she left the country.

Most likely you will need to wait another 5 years through Work permit.
I suggest you to consult to a solicitor if you want to get citizenship but I think it is very very hard.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Re: What documentation do you need to apply for citizenship through Stamp 4 EUFAM?

Post by shpirtshqipe » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:49 pm

Statusquo73 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:51 am
Through EUFAM4 you will need mostly your partner's documents. They wont accept or give you citizenship if he or she left the country.

Most likely you will need to wait another 5 years through Work permit.
I suggest you to consult to a solicitor if you want to get citizenship but I think it is very very hard.
You might be wrong and more senior members can provide more guidance

The OP’s EUFAM suggests they are not married to an Irish Citizen therefore they will not need to supply spouse supporting documents for the purpose of Citizenship.

If OP is applying for Permanent Residence (EU3) as a spouse of EU Citizen then they’ll need to supply partner’s supporting documents

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:08 pm

If you are applying for citizenship under the standard route of 5-year residence, details of your former (or even current) partner are completely irrelevant.

Of course the prerequisite is that you have been complying with INIS's requirements at all times. This includes:
- Informing INIS on your separation and divorce with your EU partner
- Your marriage is deemed genuine and you have not received any letter from INIS stating that your previous stamps were revoked

As a side note, even though you are not asked for your former partner's details, you should be prepared to explain (I would go as far as saying that you should proactively explain this as part of your application) what happened to your marriage and why you switched from Stamp 4EUFAM to Stamp 1. This would help ISD staff understand why the sequence of your permissions is different from most others and avoid any unnecessary follow-ups.

AugustineOrtiz
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by AugustineOrtiz » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:07 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies and feedback.

I was never married to my partner. It was a Treaty Rights case as they are European and I am not. I sought the advice of a lawyer upon the relationship ending and was advised that my visa is no longer valid so I applied for a new visa based only on employment.

Prior to the stamp 4 EUFAM I had a work visa so I have more than 5 years of time in Ireland. The confusing aspect is that the website only mentions the case of marriage or recognized defacto partnership with an Irish citizenship but not the process for EU Treaty Rights and how that time is handled if the application occurs on a different visa later on.

Thanks again! It's very helpful and appreciated