ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CHILD MN1 REGISTRATION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Borntowin
Newly Registered

CHILD MN1 REGISTRATION

Post by Borntowin » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:26 pm

I need help with my child British registration application. I want to apply under Section 1(3) but don't know list of documents to send with form MN1. I have settled status but don't know if sending my child's birth certificate, my BRC and Home office settled status confirmation letter will be enough.

Borntowin
Newly Registered

Re: CHILD MN1 REGISTRATION

Post by Borntowin » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:31 pm

Borntowin wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:26 pm
I need help with my child British registration application. I want to apply under Section 1(3) but don't know list of documents to send with form MN1. I have settled status but don't know if sending my child's birth certificate, my BRC and Home office settled status confirmation letter will be enough.
@ Guru’s and Members. Please can someone help me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:00 pm

The online form will give you a checklist of what needs to be submitted.

The MN1 Guide also has details
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

star31
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Post by star31 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:49 pm

Borntowin wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:31 pm
Borntowin wrote:

@ Borntowin, you can include your child’s school letter or letter from GP, you don’t need to send HO letter as your brp covers it. I hope this helps.

Borntowin
Newly Registered

Post by Borntowin » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:00 pm
The online form will give you a checklist of what needs to be submitted.

The MN1 Guide also has details
Thank you CR001

Borntowin
Newly Registered

Post by Borntowin » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:07 pm

star31 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:49 pm
Borntowin wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:31 pm
Borntowin wrote:

@ Borntowin, you can include your child’s school letter or letter from GP, you don’t need to send HO letter as your brp covers it. I hope this helps.
Thank you Star31

Borntowin
Newly Registered

Post by Borntowin » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:27 pm

Please i need urgent help! I want to apply for British neutralisation for my child, the second parent is not in his life, on the form an address and a consent is requested for the second parent. I am not able to provide this. Please Gurus what can i do in this situation?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:48 am

Borntowin wrote:
Registration as a British citizen: children
Parental consent for applications under 1(3), 1(3A) and 1(4)

As the applicant has an entitlement to be registered as a British citizen if the requirements in sections 1(3), 1(3A) and 1(4) are met, the absence of parental consent (in cases where the applicant is a minor) is not a reason for refusal. It is good practice to gain consent of all those with parental responsibility for the child and it should normally be requested, but this is not mandatory. If the consent is not gained it is not a reason for refusing the application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Borntowin
Newly Registered

Post by Borntowin » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:12 pm

Borntowin wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:27 pm
Please i need urgent help! I want to apply for British neutralisation for my child, the second parent is not in his life, on the form an address and a consent is requested for the second parent. I am not able to provide this. Please Gurus what can i do in this situation?
Thank you so much vinny, please i have another question. In page 3 of MN1 form where the asked to write the child reference no. Is it the parent HO reference no because my child does not have HO reference number.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:54 pm

The application is actually in the child's name so it should be the reference number for the child, however if child has no number then it would be an N/A. I assume it isn't a compulsory field.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Borntowin
Newly Registered

Post by Borntowin » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:55 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:54 pm
The application is actually in the child's name so it should be the reference number for the child, however if child has no number then it would be an N/A. I assume it isn't a compulsory field.
Thank you so much alterhase58. I noticed the address is not stated in the form, please where do i send completed form to.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:36 pm

Borntowin wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:55 pm
Thank you so much alterhase58. I noticed the address is not stated in the form, please where do i send completed form to.
You have to apply online and not the paper form. There is nothing to post to UKVI when you apply online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.