ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for BC August 2020, no reply

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

csv20
Newly Registered
United States of America

Applied for BC August 2020, no reply

Post by csv20 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:21 pm

Hi Gurus ,

I need help please.

I applied for British citizenship (Naturalization) 16 moths post ILR (10 - YEAR ROUTE).

I also applied at the same time for my daughter's registration (UK born, 6 year old)

I am yet to get a reply from HO. i contacted the UKVI call centre a couple of time, then got the email below from them
"Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.
We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. As you may be aware, naturalisation is not an automatic process, and we have to make a number of enquiries to ensure that applicants can satisfy the statutory requirements. Some of these enquiries are carried out by external agencies on our behalf and can sometimes take longer than six months to complete.
Please be assured that as soon as we are in a position to reach a decision, you will be notified accordingly. You do not need to contact us again unless you need to report a change in circumstances"

I am not sure what they are checking that is taking too long.
Also, no reply on my daughter's registration.

Could someone help me please?

Thank you.

secret.simon

Re: Applied for BC August 2020, no reply

Post by secret.simon » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:27 am

In this post by you a few years ago, you mentioned a 33 day gap between your refusal on 27th November 2013 and you filing an appeal on 30th December 2013. I am not sure if such a long pause between the date of refusal and filing of appeal means that the appeal was out-of-time. If so, your entire stay in the UK after 27th November 2013 till you leaving to return to the US in April 2014 may be an overstay that can impact your citizenship application.

Keep in mind that while overstays under certain limits may be ignored for immigration applications, naturalisation applications are not immigration applications, but applications under different laws and rules.

Also, if there is a significant overstay, other things that will be looked into is how you supported yourself during that period (when you would not have had the right to work).

I have not studied your immigration history in depth, but you can see some quite serious questions arise from a very cursory study of your earlier posts. I imagine the Home Office would be going through your past application history in a lot more depth.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

csv20
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by csv20 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:55 am

Thank you secret.simon for your reply. Its eye opening, I didn't think of it that way.

However, is there any suggestion of what I could do in this instance. Anyone with ideas please?

Thank you

csv20
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by csv20 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:00 pm

Another question.
Is there anything I can do regarding my daughter's registration as a British citizen. We applied at the same time and both applications have been withheld. Thank you

csv20
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by csv20 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:19 pm

Gurus, please kindly respond to my questions please.
@CR001, Secret.simon kindly help please.

Thanks in advance.

im2018
Mood:

Post by im2018 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:11 am

Hi
I am in the same boat. My application has been held since Sept 2020.

My kids have received their naturalisation already once i had my IILR.

My tier one application extension took around 7 months . we applied as a team and my other team member has since received his naturalisation in normal time . so wondering if anything in that application could be of concern causing delay in naturalisation.

I have received my SAR since then and it did not indicate any issues with application either. MP has already written to them but to no avail and received the same standard response as you did.

I hope we receive a response soon.

im2018
Mood:

Post by im2018 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:21 am

im2018 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:11 am
Hi
I am in the same boat. My application has been held since Sept 2020.

My kids have received their naturalisation already once i had my IILR.

My tier one application extension took around 7 months . we applied as a team and my other team member has since received his naturalisation in normal time . so wondering if anything in that application could be of concern causing delay in naturalisation.

I have received my SAR since then and it did not indicate any issues with application either. MP has already written to them but to no avail and received the same standard response as you did.

I hope we receive a response soon.
Just an update, I have received my approval after 13 months now. PAP seemed to work for me as i had been waiting for over a year.

c4551m
Pakistan

Post by c4551m » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:39 am

Wow that's good news finally the lazy Home Office did something, make sure you give 0 rating if they send you any survey 😂
Flro applied 23.02.14
Varied application to SET LR 3.3.14
Biometrics done 24.3.14
Approval 24.7.14
Docs received 28.7,14

im2018
Mood:

Post by im2018 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:45 am

c4551m wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:39 am
Wow that's good news finally the lazy Home Office did something, make sure you give 0 rating if they send you any survey 😂
i would have given them minus one if they had an option lol . Thanks for reminding me though.