ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa and baby passport to British

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Choc
Newly Registered

Spouse visa and baby passport to British

Post by Choc » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:44 pm

Hi All Gurus,
I am a British national by naturalization and wife Indian. We are expecting a baby next month and I am planning to apply for a spouse visa and our baby's British passport from India. The following are my questions with regards to visa/British passport.
•My wife still studying in India her master's will be competing in the month of May 2022. Therefore, I plan to apply for a spouse visa in the month of Feb-2022 so that she will get the visa within 8 weeks and she can come to The UK within 3 months’ time that is in the month of June 2022 (after she completed her education).
• For our baby plan to apply for a British passport in the next month. Hopefully, we will receive the passport before May 2022.
• Or I can apply certificate of right to abode. To do this do I need to apply for a baby Indian passport first.?
If we received both our baby passport and spouse visa before June 2022 they can come together to the UK at the same time.
Your valuable suggestion is very important to me, please help me.

Choc
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse visa and baby passport to British

Post by Choc » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:38 am

Can anyone respond to my questions pls.?

Theunknownusername
Wales

Post by Theunknownusername » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:01 am

Choc wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:44 pm
Hi All Gurus,
I am a British national by naturalization and wife Indian. We are expecting a baby next month and I am planning to apply for a spouse visa and our baby's British passport from India. The following are my questions with regards to visa/British passport.
•My wife still studying in India her master's will be competing in the month of May 2022. Therefore, I plan to apply for a spouse visa in the month of Feb-2022 so that she will get the visa within 8 weeks and she can come to The UK within 3 months’ time that is in the month of June 2022 (after she completed her education). Average visa processing time is 60 Working days or about 12 weeks. I would apply at the time you said and then expect the visa a month later, you should have more room for your wife to finish her education and not risk having to go before. Also, keep in mind that they may change the 3 month vignette back to 1 month but it's for future you to worry about.
• For our baby plan to apply for a British passport in the next month. Hopefully, we will receive the passport before May 2022. Cheapest and most straightforward option
• Or I can apply certificate of right to abode. To do this do I need to apply for a baby Indian passport first.? You can do this and yes you will need your babies indian passport. However, it costs more than a passport and you have a long time until you need to travel to the UK. Not a necessary step.
If we received both our baby passport and spouse visa before June 2022 they can come together to the UK at the same time.
Your valuable suggestion is very important to me, please help me.

Choc
Newly Registered

Post by Choc » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:25 pm

Thanks very much for your reply.Theunknownusername.
If you have the list of documents are required to apply for a Spouse visa and Baby passport.?
Please share with me so that I can start the process.

Thanks again for your reply and much appreciated.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:38 am

You have search the forum for checklist for a spouse visa. For your baby passport, you need tons of information relating to birth of the child such as maternity records, your naturalisation certificate etc. Are you also aware that India does not allow dual citizenship? Why don’t you apply for certificate of entitlement? Instead of applying British passport.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:42 am

TODMATT wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:38 am
Are you also aware that India does not allow dual citizenship? Why don’t you apply for certificate of entitlement? Instead of applying British passport.
A child born to one parent who is British and the other who is India, can have both nationalities until they turn 18, when they have to choose one and renounce the other.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:50 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:42 am
TODMATT wrote:
Are you also aware that India does not allow dual citizenship? Why don’t you apply for certificate of entitlement? Instead of applying British passport.
A child born to one parent who is British and the other who is India, can have both nationalities until they turn 18, when they have to choose one and renounce the other.
Thank you for this and could you provide a link please

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:03 am

TODMATT wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:50 am
CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:42 am
TODMATT wrote:
Thank you for this and could you provide a link please
other-countries/are-you-a-minor-indian- ... 19681.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Choc
Newly Registered

Post by Choc » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:57 pm

TODMATT wrote:
You have search the forum for checklist for a spouse visa. For your baby passport, you need tons of information relating to birth of the child such as maternity records, your naturalisation certificate etc. Are you also aware that India does not allow dual citizenship? Why don’t you apply for certificate of entitlement? Instead of applying British passport.
TODMATT: THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY.
BECAUSE MY WIFE STUDIES WILL BE FINISHED IN MAY 2022 AND THEY WILL COME TOGETHER AFTER SHE COMPLETED HER EDUCATION. WE HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO APPLY FOR OUR BABY PASSPORT.

Choc
Newly Registered

Post by Choc » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:41 pm

Thanks for your help much appreciated!
A quick question regarding the certificate of entitlement.
I am planning to apply for CoE for our baby born this month in India on his Indian passport.
Once we received our baby CoE within how many days has to go to the UK or there is no time limit to stay in India after we received CoE.?

Choc
Newly Registered

Post by Choc » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:41 am

Can anyone please respond to my question and also what are the documents are required for CoE.?

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:18 pm

Choc wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:41 pm
Thanks for your help much appreciated!
A quick question regarding the certificate of entitlement.
I am planning to apply for CoE for our baby born this month in India on his Indian passport.
Once we received our baby CoE within how many days has to go to the UK or there is no time limit to stay in India after we received CoE.?
I don’t think you have a time limit on when you can stay in India except if your child passport expires before travelling to the UK, then your COE expires because the certificate is only valid for as long as your passport is valid.

Choc
Newly Registered

Post by Choc » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:46 pm

Thanks for your reply.
What are the documents required for CoE.?