ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to Skilled Worker extension - Affected by Non-Updated Police Certificate in Covid times?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

katya18888
Newly Registered

Notifying UKVI of Address Change before Tier 2 extension

Post by katya18888 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:07 pm

Hi everyone!

My Tier 2 visa is due to expire in March 2022 and I'm getting worried if it's too bad that I wasn't notifying UKVI of my address changes during the last years. In 2021 I've been travelling in and out of the UK and lived in Airbnb flats rather than signing a long tern tenancy agreement, so I didn't consider filling in the form as it's interim changes. I wonder if I have to fill in the form and update my address, before my leave to remain application is made? UKVI requires a proof of address when one notifies of its change, and it can be proved with one of the following documents:

Mortgage statement
Bank statement
Building society statement
Credit card statement
Rental agreement
Utility bill (mobile phone bills are not accepted)
Council tax bill
Benefit statement

But since I'm staying at an Airbnb, I only have the reservation, and none of the above. Does it mean I can't notify of my address change? Which consequences it may lead to during my extension application?

Thanks,
Katya

katya18888
Newly Registered

Tier 2 to Skilled Worker extension - Affected by Non-Updated Police Certificate in Covid times?

Post by katya18888 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:56 pm

Hi everyone!

My Tier 2 visa expires in March 2022 and will have to apply for an extension and switch into Skilled Worker category. I obtained my visa in 2019 and registered with the police, then updated my PRC when I changed the address. Then I was out of the UK for more than 12 months, and when I came back I stupidly forgot to update the OVRO about my return and about the change of address (as I was staying in Airbnb flats without permanent tenancy agreement). Now I tried to correct the mistake by booking an appointment at OVRO, but the earliest appointment is for July 2022, which means I won't be able to update the police about my change in circumstances before my visa application.
Should I try and update at least the address via visiting one of the police stations? (Why may result in getting the "Late registration" stamp into my PRC). Or should I just attach the evidence of not being able to attend the OVRO and a cover letter with an apology?

Thanks,
Katya

stepannaz94
Newly Registered
Argentina

Re: Tier 2 to Skilled Worker extension - Affected by Non-Updated Police Certificate in Covid times?

Post by stepannaz94 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:54 pm

Hi Katya,

I am wondering if you have an update on your situation? I hope everything resolved well. I am in a similar situation, hence asking.

Were you able to extend your visa without updated Police Certificate? If yes, did you need to provide an explanation?

Regards,
Stepan

vinny

Re: Tier 2 to Skilled Worker extension - Affected by Non-Updated Police Certificate in Covid times?

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:10 pm

If possible, then suggest just update it. Else, explain it.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.