ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Having a child was not mentioned during the UKVI Interview

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SKBHD
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Having a child was not mentioned during the UKVI Interview

Post by SKBHD » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:04 pm

Hello everyone,

My sister received her UK Student visa a week ago. But there is a problem. Actually, it's a two-fold problem.

Her agent didn't put my nephew's birth certificate in my sister's student visa documents. (Which we didn't know was necessary, and got to know after her getting the visa.) Is it really necessary?

My sister got a UKVI interview after 10 days of walking in the VFS. While facing the interview, the internet connection went down in between. She managed to come back somehow and after that her laptop's battery died. She plugged in the charger and rejoined the session. After all of this, she was so nervous that when the interviewer asked that whether she has any kids, she simply said NO! which is an incorrect answer.

She received her visa 5 days after the interview and today it has been a week after she received her visa. Now, what problems the above two scenarios can create and what could be the solution for this mess up??

Please help us. Thanks in Advanced!

James10101995
India

Re: Having a child was not mentioned during the UKVI Interview

Post by James10101995 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:00 pm

Your post doesn't provide enough information. Is your sister bringing her Child as a dependant to the UK?

SKBHD
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by SKBHD » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:27 am

EDIT: Now she is planning to call her husband and child to the UK. When her kid's dependent visa application will be lodged, her lie will be caught. Can we directly lodge the dependent file for her kid or should we provide some remark to the UK High Commission.

How should we proceed further?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:03 am

SKBHD wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:27 am
How should we proceed further?
It seems clear that whoever completed the application also withheld the information about the child in the specific question about that. It is hard not to conclude that both the agent and your sister thought that her having a child would somehow negatively impact on the application (which it would not), and so they both lied about it.

Such a scenario would indeed impact any future immigration applications, either by the student or by her child.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

ektan
India

Post by ektan » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:35 pm

SKBHD wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:04 pm
Hello everyone,

My sister received her UK Student visa a week ago. But there is a problem. Actually, it's a two-fold problem.

Her agent didn't put my nephew's birth certificate in my sister's student visa documents. (Which we didn't know was necessary, and got to know after her getting the visa.) Is it really necessary?

My sister got a UKVI interview after 10 days of walking in the VFS. While facing the interview, the internet connection went down in between. She managed to come back somehow and after that her laptop's battery died. She plugged in the charger and rejoined the session. After all of this, she was so nervous that when the interviewer asked that whether she has any kids, she simply said NO! which is an incorrect answer.

She received her visa 5 days after the interview and today it has been a week after she received her visa. Now, what problems the above two scenarios can create and what could be the solution for this mess up??

Please help us. Thanks in Advanced!
To cut the story short, your sister lied about having a child for reasons best known only to her. End of story. No mother will ever say she doesn't have a child even when she is unconscious.
With her application, no details of the child were submitted, so the child will never get a dependent visa.