ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English test requirement for FLR(fp) due to long residence!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

JimmyR

Private life due to Long residence application + fee waiver

Post by JimmyR » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:31 pm

Hello everyone.

I’m new on this forum. So my apology if I will break any rule. I will try to learn faster.

I’m on the process of renewing my visa. Previously I have been using solicitor/Lawyer but unfortunately I can’t afford them at this moment.

I have got some questions below and I would like assistance. Sorry again as they too many.

1) HO granted 3 years parental route previously but I would like to switch to private life due to long residence. Is it okay(20+ years)?

2) Do I have to submit prove document for each year for 20 years?

3) Private life application due to long residence is FLR(fp) form I have to complete?

4) Is it very important to attach cover letter with documents or there is space in the FLR(fp) I can include explanation?

5) Super priority - is it face to face interview at immigration centre?

6)The normal one service or Super Priority. Which one would you recommend? I’m too nervous, I might mess up the 1 to 1 interview!!

7)Can I use fee waiver token for Super priority?

8)I’m far from my personal laptop. The deadline for fee waiver token and submitting the application is coming Monday. I plan to do the application on Saturday and Sunday when I have access to my laptop. And then submitting it on Monday. How long do you think it might take to complete the FLP(fp) form?

9) Any other advice?

Many thanks

munirabid
Member of Standing

Re: Private life due to Long residence application + fee waiver

Post by munirabid » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:04 pm

JimmyR wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:31 pm
Hello everyone.

I’m new on this forum. So my apology if I will break any rule. I will try to learn faster.

I’m on the process of renewing my visa. Previously I have been using solicitor/Lawyer but unfortunately I can’t afford them at this moment.

I have got some questions below and I would like assistance. Sorry again as they too many.

1) HO granted 3 years parental route previously but I would like to switch to private life due to long residence. Is it okay(20+ years)?

3) Private life application due to long residence is FLR(fp) form I have to complete?

4) Is it very important to attach cover letter with documents or there is space in the FLR(fp) I can include explanation?

6)The normal one service or Super Priority. Which one would you recommend? I’m too nervous, I might mess up the 1 to 1 interview!!

8)I’m far from my personal laptop. The deadline for fee waiver token and submitting the application is coming Monday. I plan to do the application on Saturday and Sunday when I have access to my laptop. And then submitting it on Monday. How long do you think it might take to complete the FLP(fp) form?

9) Any other advice?

Many thanks
First you cant use fee waiver token for super priority
and you need to prove ur 20 years in uk so you can provide HO ur medical record for 20 years , passport entry stamps or bills etc
FLR P taking in those days for more than 6 months
Please can you share your Fee waiver processing time line?

JimmyR

Post by JimmyR » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:25 pm

@Munirabid

Thank you for your contribution.

Mine took a while, 3 months exactly. But I was a bit slow to submit the first documents and second request.

I have already submit half of those documents in the previous applications. Do you how many documents I suppose to submit for each year?

JimmyR

Post by JimmyR » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:31 am

PLEASE ANY MEMBER CAN HELP WITH ANSWERS BELOW:

9) Any other advice?

JimmyR

English test requirement for FLR(fp) due to long residence!

Post by JimmyR » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:40 pm

I have been under assumption that no requirement for English language for the FLR(fp) application. I have read in this forum and others that you would need English language test if you are applying for ILR.

I’m doing my application now for FLR(fp). There is English test requirement questions. I’m very frustrated now as deadline to submit it is this coming Monday.

Any advice?

secret.simon

Re: English test requirement for FLR(fp) due to long residence!

Post by secret.simon » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:46 pm

It is unclear which application you are making.

You do not need an English language test if you are making an FLR(FP) application.

You do need an English language test if you are making any ILR application (except under Appendix EU).

And you will definitely need an English language test when applying for British citizenship, regardless of your path to ILR.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

JimmyR

Post by JimmyR » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:26 pm

This is what I have been told many times but I’m very frustrated to find questions for the English language test.

As for application: private life route - long residency 20 years.

I have just read the guidance. I have found this below:
Knowledge of English

You may need to prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply.

When you do not need to prove it
You do not need to prove your knowledge of English or take a test if one of the following is true:

you’re applying as a child
you’re applying as an adult coming to be cared for by a relative
you’ve been in the UK on a family visa for 5 years and you’re extending it as a partner or parent
you’re over 65
you have a physical or mental condition that prevents you from meeting the requirement

JimmyR

Post by JimmyR » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:28 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:46 pm
It is unclear which application you are making.

You do not need an English language test if you are making an FLR(FP) application.

You do need an English language test if you are making any ILR application (except under Appendix EU).

And you will definitely need an English language test when applying for British citizenship, regardless of your path to ILR.
This is what I have been told many times but I’m very frustrated to find questions for the English language test.

As for application: private life route - long residency 20 years.

I have just read the guidance. I have found this below:
Knowledge of English

You may need to prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply.

When you do not need to prove it
You do not need to prove your knowledge of English or take a test if one of the following is true:

you’re applying as a child
you’re applying as an adult coming to be cared for by a relative
you’ve been in the UK on a family visa for 5 years and you’re extending it as a partner or parent
you’re over 65
you have a physical or mental condition that prevents you from meeting the requirement

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:23 pm

Can you please link to the guidance that you are reading/quoting from?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

JimmyR

Post by JimmyR » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:29 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:23 pm
Can you please link to the guidance that you are reading/quoting from?
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/knowledge-of-english

JimmyR

Post by JimmyR » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:15 pm

Hi. Can anyone confirm the form for the long residence route (20 years) is FLR(fp)?

There is reason I’m asking because I thought “private life long residence” don’t need English test.

But I have tried to complete this form yesterday and there is part asking for the English test.

JimmyR

Post by JimmyR » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:45 pm

After completing FLR(fp) form. Also do I have to complete BRP application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:14 pm

JimmyR wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:45 pm
You are required to make an appointment with UKCVAS to enroll your biometrics (photo and fingerprints). You also have to upload your documents on the UKCVAS portal BEFORE your appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JimmyR

Post by JimmyR » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:13 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:14 pm
JimmyR wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:45 pm
You are required to make an appointment with UKCVAS to enroll your biometrics (photo and fingerprints). You also have to upload your documents on the UKCVAS portal BEFORE your appointment.
Thank you for your reply.

If even I had biometric card and finger prints were taken. I have to do every extension?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:16 am

If even I had biometric card and finger prints were taken. I have to do every extension?
Yes, it has to be done for every application you make.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JimmyR

Post by JimmyR » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:15 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:16 am
Yes, it has to be done for every application you make.
Thanks

Previously, I received a letter from HO to go to the post office finger prints. How do I make an appointment?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:17 am

When you apply online, after submission, you will be directed to the UKCVAS portal to make an appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

JimmyR

Post by JimmyR » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:19 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:17 am
When you apply online, after submission, you will be directed to the UKCVAS portal to make an appointment.
Many thanks

JimmyR

Post by JimmyR » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:35 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:17 am
One last questions if you don’t mind which I have already posted them before.

If you are making a visa extension application via parent route or private life long residence. The application form you have to submit to the HO is FLR(fp)?

The reason I’m asking is because I have been told before with various people that this application you don’t have to do English test(except ILR and British). I’m on the process of completing the application online(FLRfp) and there is part requesting for the English test?

And if this is case, is it okay to submit the application and send the English result later?

JimmyR

Post by JimmyR » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:52 am

I have submitted online documents required to support FLRfp private life about 10 days ago. Roughly, how long does it take to make a decision?

JimmyR

Post by JimmyR » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:59 am

Hi All.

I have already submitted my application(private life) by using FLRfp form without the English test as I was advised by various ppl that the test was not required at this stage. However there was questions in the application about the English test, and I’m starting to worry now!

I have contacted today Trinity College to try to do B1( instead of A2 - fee serving) But they need an ID(passport or biometric card) which I left with the HO during the BRP appointment. And I don’t have any other form of IDs requested.

I’m thinking of contact the HO if they can be able to return the passport for the test. But they might withdrawal the all application.

Any advice pls?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:38 am

As far as I can see, Private Life applicants for limited leave under 276ADE (1) do not require any English test.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

JimmyR

Post by JimmyR » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:44 am

vinny wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:38 am
As far as I can see, Private Life applicants for limited leave under 276ADE (1) do not require any English test.
Thank you for your reply.

That’s what I have been told.
However, can you check the link below stating the opposite.
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/knowledge-of-english

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:08 am

The following English language requirement Guidance for caseworkers may provide a clearer interpretation of the applicable rules, where there is no English language requirement.
Applicants applying for leave to remain in the UK under the 10-year partner, parent or private life route are not required to meet the English language requirement and are therefore not required to provide evidence of English language ability with their application.
However, if there is a KoLL requirement in the applicable rules for ILR, then this includes an English language requirement.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

JimmyR

Post by JimmyR » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:00 am

vinny wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:08 am
The following English language requirement Guidance for caseworkers may provide a clearer interpretation of the applicable rules, where there is no English language requirement.
Applicants applying for leave to remain in the UK under the 10-year partner, parent or private life route are not required to meet the English language requirement and are therefore not required to provide evidence of English language ability with their application.
However, if there is a KoLL requirement in the applicable rules for ILR, then this includes an English language requirement.
Many thanks