ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Error on BRP application visa transfer from passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Saiakh
Newly Registered

Error on BRP application visa transfer from passport

Post by Saiakh » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:50 am

Hi,
Looking for some advice, my husband has had indefinite leave to remain in the UK since 2007. The residence permit stamp is on an expired passport so I helped him to apply for a BRP to have it transferred to a card.

When filling in the application I got confused at the do you have a biometric residence permit question and said yes when I should have said no, it asked me for the details and I added the details from the visa stamp on the passport. I have now submitted the application and have arranged an appt with UKVAS.

Will it be OK for me to upload a letter to say I said yes by mistake and he hasn't had a biometric RP only a residence permit in his passport and that he is applying for his first BRP? I have filled in the correct form just answered this question wrong!

Any advice appreciated thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Error on BRP application visa transfer from passport

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:50 pm

I do not think this affects his application at all
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:54 am

I believe the fees for an NTL application is £229. How much did he pay?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Saiakh
Newly Registered

Post by Saiakh » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:57 am

He paid £75 initially on gov uk when submitting the application and then we paid £112 for the UKVAS appt. I noticed there was different costs for the UKVAS appts depending on which office you booked weirdly!