ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How sooner can we submit the application for the 'Skilled Worker visa' extention?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

radhikaa
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

How sooner can we submit the application for the 'Skilled Worker visa' extention?

Post by radhikaa » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:26 am

Hi All,

We are currently on Tier 2 General visa, it is due to expire in the first week of November. We would like to know how many days in advance the VISA extention applications can be submitted please?? As we are concisuous that in case of the non-priority routes the application processing might take nearly two months and we have a plan to visit India during the Christmas holidays. Hence, we want to submit the appllication now, so that it gives us nearly 2 and half months time, my employer is okay with issuing the CoS ASAP.

Any help in this regard will be much apreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How sooner can we submit the application for the 'Skilled Worker visa' extention?

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:56 am

You can apply up to 3 months before your visa expiry date
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: How sooner can we submit the application for the 'Skilled Worker visa' extention?

Post by manci » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:56 am
You can apply up to 3 months before your visa expiry date
The two time constraints for a SW extension application, both of which must be met, are:

(i) not more than 3 months in advance of the work start date given in the CoS;
(ii) not more than 3 months after the CoS assignment date.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice