ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IRP renewal for the spouse of Irish national

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

djdeeps
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

IRP Online Renewal - Current Timeline

Post by djdeeps » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:55 pm

Hi, I applied for my IRP card online (dublin) on 16th August & still haven't received it yet. The website says it should take 2-3 weeks but its been more than a month already.
1. What are the current timelines , does anyone know? Could we use this tread & share our IRP card timelines please. It would be helpful for everyone to have a rough estimate of when we might get it.

2. Secondly, I got my Stamp 4 support letter & applied for my IRP card. Does anyone know if I can move jobs now? I have got a job offer from another company & was wondering if I can make that move immediately or do I have to wait for my IRP card?

djdeeps
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: IRP Online Renewal - Current Timeline

Post by djdeeps » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:35 am

For anyone interested, I applied on 16th August. Just got a mail today (21st September) that my application is processed & completed & I will get my IRP card in 5-10 days via post with tracking number included.
Basically it took 36 days for IRP application to be approved (Dublin) + delivery time.

BNN1
Newly Registered
Guyana

Post by BNN1 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:01 am

Thanks for this djdeeps, that's very helpful as I was wondering the same.

I applied on the 20th August, mine hasn't arrived yet so I'm guessing it'll be another couple of days. Hopefully not too long.

Latium
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Latium » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:14 pm

Hi djdeeps,

If you get a chance, when you receive the card, could you please share if the date on the irp card is the date it was approved and printed, or the date you sent away for it?

Thank you.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:37 pm

Latium wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:14 pm
Hi djdeeps,

If you get a chance, when you receive the card, could you please share if the date on the irp card is the date it was approved and printed, or the date you sent away for it?

Thank you.
The date on the IRP card is always the date it was printed.

RandomDude17
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by RandomDude17 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:57 am

Thanks for this post djdeeps. I am in the same boat as you, and I applied for Stamp 4 online on 2nd September.
I have received an offer from another company and I was also wondering if I can quit my current job while my Stamp 4 application is under way. I have emailed INIS to speed up my application so that I can accept the new job offer, but I have not heard back from them (don't expect to anytime soon either).
:(

Latium
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Latium » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:04 am

Thank you for your response literr. One additional question if you'll be so kind.

If the IRP can only be renewed online 30days before it expires, and the new IRP card isn't issued and printed until 10days after the expiry date - will that cause a gap in residency permission, and thereby breaking the continuous 1 year requirement prior to application for naturalisation?

Kind regards,
Latium

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:38 am

Latium wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:04 am
Thank you for your response literr. One additional question if you'll be so kind.

If the IRP can only be renewed online 30days before it expires, and the new IRP card isn't issued and printed until 10days after the expiry date - will that cause a gap in residency permission, and thereby breaking the continuous 1 year requirement prior to application for naturalisation?

Kind regards,
Latium
If you apply for your card 30 days before expiry, and it takes - let’s say 20 days - to issue the card, then your new card’s start date is still fine.

Note that with the auto extension in place, your permission should always be valid until January 2022, regardless of the date shown on your card.

Latium
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Latium » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:55 am

littlerr wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:38 am
Latium wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:04 am

Kind regards,
Latium
If you apply for your card 30 days before expiry, and it takes - let’s say 20 days - to issue the card, then your new card’s start date is still fine.

Note that with the auto extension in place, your permission should always be valid until January 2022, regardless of the date shown on your card.

Alas I am outside this extension period as my irp expiry is at the end of January. I ask because my 3 years of residence on stamp 4 married to an Irish citizen will allow to apply for citizenship myself, and I'm seeing reports of waiting 36 days and upward for irp renewal! So I'm thinking I'll be stymied somehow!

Thanks for your response!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:26 am

One of the main reason for these extensions is to allow INIS to process all the application backlogs, so hopefully by the time the extension is gone, they should be back to their usual timeframe (2 weeks). Even if that doesn’t happen, I can’t see them discriminate against you for their own failures. Just make sure that you make a note in your cover letter and mention that you have submitted the renewal at the earliest time possible.

Latium
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Latium » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:26 pm

littlerr wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:26 am
One of the main reason for these extensions is to allow INIS to process all the application backlogs, so hopefully by the time the extension is gone, they should be back to their usual timeframe (2 weeks). Even if that doesn’t happen, I can’t see them discriminate against you for their own failures. Just make sure that you make a note in your cover letter and mention that you have submitted the renewal at the earliest time possible.
Hi littler, That's a reassuring way of looking at things, thank you. I hadn't realised I should write a cover letter for the application; some more research for me to go through!

Cheers!

Euvellah1215
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Euvellah1215 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:18 pm

Thank you djdeeps for this post.

I am awaiting update for my irp card. I applied on August 24 and received acknowledgment email on the same day. Hoping to receive an update anytime soon.

djdeeps
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

IRP Online Renewal - Postage Time

Post by djdeeps » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:15 pm

Hi , I had applied for IRP online(dublin) & got a mail this week stating its been processed & will receive it by post(5-10 working days)

Does anyone know whats the average time it takes for the IRP card to be delivered within dublin? I want to book flights based on that since its urgent.
Thanks

Varatha
Newly Registered

Re: IRP Online Renewal - Postage Time

Post by Varatha » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:59 pm

Hi Everyone,

My spouse's IRP expires on 5th Dec 2021 and we have travel plans the following week.

Considering the processing time of 5-6 weeks, Can we apply for renewal during the first week of October just to give enough time to get the card back? Will the online system allow us to apply 60 days before the card expiry?

Should someone available in home to get the card delivered or will it be just delivered in the box? Just asking as we might not be available during first week to receive the card

Appreciate your answers, Many thanks

kupuser
Ireland

Re: IRP Online Renewal - Postage Time

Post by kupuser » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:50 am

Varatha wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:59 pm
Hi Everyone,

My spouse's IRP expires on 5th Dec 2021 and we have travel plans the following week.

Considering the processing time of 5-6 weeks, Can we apply for renewal during the first week of October just to give enough time to get the card back? Will the online system allow us to apply 60 days before the card expiry?

Should someone available in home to get the card delivered or will it be just delivered in the box? Just asking as we might not be available during first week to receive the card

Appreciate your answers, Many thanks
I am in a similar situation. I tried to apply online but when you enter your IRP expiry date it gives you a prompt that your expiry date must be within 30 days from now so I don't think you can apply more than 30 days in advance of IRP expiry.

Alternative is to get an appointment for attending the INIS office but the appointments are difficult to find.

Varatha
Newly Registered

IRP renewal for the spouse of Irish national

Post by Varatha » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:08 pm

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone who is the spouse of Irish national renewed their IRP recently?

The renewal was free of charge couple of years ago but now the online system asks to pay 300 euros. Do you know what is the process to apply in such case?

Thanks

BNN1
Newly Registered
Guyana

IRP Online Renewal - Current Timeline

Post by BNN1 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:53 am

Hi Guys,

Going back to the original issue this thread was originally created for - IRP Online Renewal - Current Timeline

Please do not change the title mid-way, it causes issues for people who have been keeping an eye out for the thread.

To recap on original issue (making a summary of the timeline people gave on this thread)
Applied 16th of August 2021 and got a reply on 21st Sept
Applied 20th of August - no replies yet
Applied 24th of August - no replies yet

Anyone who has received a mail to say that their application is processed & completed, can you please comment and let us know when you applied and when you got the mail?

Other people still waiting for their application to be processed, please comment the date you applied.

Thanks all :)

BNN1
Newly Registered
Guyana

Post by BNN1 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:02 am

Hi Guys,

In case this helps anyone else, I applied on the 20th of August 2021 and received the email today (29th Sept 2021) to say that my application has been completed & that IRP card will be sent within 5 - 10 working days.

Euvellah1215
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: IRP renewal for the spouse of Irish national

Post by Euvellah1215 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:15 am

Thanks for the update BNN1. I hope i'll receive an email from ISD soon. I applied on 24th August and no update yet.

sublimo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by sublimo » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:43 pm

Application sent on 26/08/21
Additional info request on 7/10/21

sanchops
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by sanchops » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:06 pm

A colleague of mine:

Applied 23rd of August 2021
Received confirmation that the IRP was processed 05th of October 2021

I applied for mine (stamp 1 Critical Skills to Stamp 4) on the 23rd of September. Still waiting.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:25 pm

I submitted my application for a Stamp 1G from a Stamp 2 on 29 September. I hope I get it by the end of October because I am interviewing for a job and I think I have done well in the interviews but if I don’t get my 1G in a month’s time I worry they won’t hire me. Also, since everyone’s permissions were extended, I hope it was okay to apply for the 1G as soon as I got my letter from my institution that I passed my course, since usually you need the 30 days.

Euvellah1215
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Euvellah1215 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:23 pm

Application sent - 24 August
Application processed - 06 Oct

sublimo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by sublimo » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:19 pm