ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help for - registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Vavi
Newly Registered
Brazil

Help for - registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen

Post by Vavi » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:41 pm

Hi Gurus,

I am preparing an application for registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen and it would be great if you can answer my below queries. Thank you in advance.

My case - I am granted ILR in Feb 2021 and my son was born in 2019 in UK. My wife has PBS dependent visa valid till 2023.

1. I am using this link for my son's application. Is it correct? https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 8f902b8708

2. My son's dependent visa expired in Dec 2020. I am granted ILR in Feb 2021. Will his expired visa create any issue in application?

3. Are there any specific requirements that referees should meet such as a member of professional body or similar?

4. Should I add a letters from his nursery teacher and GP?

Vavi
Newly Registered
Brazil

Re: Help for - registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen

Post by Vavi » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:23 pm

Hi All

Can anyone help me? I am planning to submit the application and it would be great if i can get a response.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help for - registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:29 pm

1. It shows a sign in form, so no idea what form it is. You need form MN1.

2. No issue, however he is not entitled to free NHS services since his visa expired.

3. The professional referee needs to be in the UKVI approved list and for smaller children,be engaged with the child in a professional capacity.

4. You need to complete the referee form with the referee details. You do not submit a referee letter that they write.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.