ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport or Right of Abode

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vivek86
Newly Registered

British Passport or Right of Abode

Post by vivek86 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:59 pm

Hi All,

I'm a British passport holder (via naturalisation) and my wife has ILR. We have a 5 year old daughter who has an ILR and she has to start school in the UK this year and we just had a baby recently born in India.

I'm in the UK, the rest of the family are still in India, I need to get them over here asap but the problem is with the processing time of british passport for the baby. Would right of abode processing time be quicker than british passport ?

Can you someone please share your thoughts on this ? we are confused with which option to go for ? we can either apply for British passport as I'm a British passport holder or we can get Indian passport and Right of Abode because my wife has an Indian passport and ILR. I don't see any other option to get them over to the UK sooner.

Regards,
Vivek

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Passport or Right of Abode

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:02 pm

Right of Abode takes a few weeks but costs more than a passport. RoA is only valid for the duration that a passport is valid for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vivek86
Newly Registered

Post by vivek86 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:26 pm

Hi, thanks for your response. Have you done the right of abode application recently from outside the UK? just curious on how do you know that it takes few weeks to porcess ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:29 pm

No I haven't. Don't assume everyone is outside the UK.

Members have posted about it, it takes anywhere between 4 and 16 weeks, which is why I said it takes a few weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vivek86
Newly Registered

Post by vivek86 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:39 pm

Okay, got it. Thank you!