ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saldocms
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR date

Post by saldocms » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:00 pm

Hello
I understand we can apply for ILR 28 days before the qualifying period of 5 years,
Does the ILR start from the day decision was made or from the last day of qualifying 5 year period?
It is of concern to me because of home fees vs international fees for my uni.
The term starts on 1st sept 2022 and my qualifying date for ilr is 4th sept 2022
I will be applying 28 days earlier in super priority and hope to get decision by 8th Aug 2022.
However if they say start date of ilr is 5th sept, I'll end up paying foreign fees.
Please pass on your experience
Thanks
Salman

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR date

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:15 pm

ILR starts from the date of decision. To qualify for home fees, you will also need your BRP and they are sometimes delayed.

Super Priority is also not a guaranteed service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.