ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shortage Occupation

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hmn2905
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Shortage Occupation

Post by hmn2905 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:52 pm

Hi,

I am applying for my wife's tier 2 (skilled worker) dependent visa extension. I am eligible for ILR now and have made an application (no decision yet) and so I dont have CoS anymore.

My SOC Code is 2122 - Mechanical Engineer which is now on both the shortage occupation (2122 - Mechanical Engineer - all jobs) and on the normal list as well under the same SOC code.

When I got my COS for my last Tier 2 visa application in 2019 my occupation was not on the shortage list (it said no for this on the COS). Now it can be considered as part of the shortage occupation list. My employer has indeed said it is part of it.

My question is for my wife's visa application do I say my job is on the shortage occupation list or do i say no as it was not the case when i first got my visa?

Hayeesha
Newly Registered

Re: Shortage Occupation

Post by Hayeesha » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:04 pm

Hello, i am in the same boat with my application and was hoping you could let me know how it went? My husband’s job was not on shortage occupation when he got his tier 2 but he is on ilr now and it is now part of shortage occupation. Applying to pay the IhS fee and i am a bit confused what to Answer there.