ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Needs assistance if I need work permit of UK

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

natwarlal govinda
Newly Registered
Hungary

Needs assistance if I need work permit of UK

Post by natwarlal govinda » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:41 pm

Hi

I am non EU citizen but I have EC/EU Permanent Residency. I have been offered a position in UK with one of the technology company.

Currently I am based in Hungary but would like to ask if I need UK work permit and if its the case how long it will take me to get it even I have EC/EU Permanent Residence.

Your response would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Needs assistance if I need work permit of UK

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:55 pm

Do you hold permanent residence issued by an EU state other than the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

natwarlal govinda
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by natwarlal govinda » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:02 pm

Hi

Yes, Permanent Residence was issued by Hungary since I have been living here for 10 years.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:18 pm

Your EU residency permit is irrelevant to the UK.

To come to the UK to work, you need a visa that allows you to work and a sponsoring employer. Skilled worker visa is what you should be looking at.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:04 pm

natwarlal govinda wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:41 pm
I am non EU citizen but I have EC/EU Permanent Residency. I have been offered a position in UK with one of the technology company.

Currently I am based in Hungary but would like to ask if I need UK work permit and if its the case how long it will take me to get it even I have EC/EU Permanent Residence.

As @CR001 posted, you'll need a skilled worker visa to come to work in the UK.

Check first of all if the company that offered you the job has a skilled worker sponsor licence:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... sv/preview

If they do, the company has to assign to you a "defined" Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS). This can be done in a matter of days. Once you have the CoS you can make a visa application online which may take a few weeks to process but can be expedited at an extra cost.

As part of the process you'll have to provide your biometric data (photo, fingerprints). This is done at TLScontact in Budapest (address: 1036 Lajos utca 48-66)
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice