ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wilfio
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by wilfio » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:15 pm

Hi everyone,

I made my online FBR application in Oct 2020, however by the time I was able to get the documents witnessed the website updated to say that we shouldn't send our supporting documentation.

It's now coming up to a year since I paid the fee and did the application, however I still have all my documentation at home.

Should I just send it to them anyway? Will it actually be received and get stored somewhere?

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

Mr_Knight
Mood:

Post by Mr_Knight » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:13 pm

wilfio wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:15 pm
Will it actually be received and get stored somewhere?
Yes. But you won't hear from them about receiving it.

Angelo_2019
United States of America

Post by Angelo_2019 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:31 pm

Gingerillo wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:28 pm
After an eternity, I have just received my confirmation of address email. So they are definitely back on the case (or fed up with my Twitter enquiries).

Timeline

Online application: 5 November 2019
Confirmation of receipt of documents: 11 November 2019
Confirmation of address: 29 September 2021

What sort of enquiries were you able to make, including with Twitter?
My documents were received in mid August 2019, haven't heard anything since then. At this point, it would be nice to have confirmation that they are not waiting to request more information, and haven't lost anything I've submitted.

Angelo_2019
United States of America

Post by Angelo_2019 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:43 pm

SLwlss wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:39 pm
alittlelate wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:37 pm
I have found this forum useful as many other appear to over the past year or so in working out what the current status is with regards to FBR timelines. Previously a forum member collated all the available timelines periodically and posted them in a succinct manner. Below is my attempt at this, although I think they were more proficient in it than myself. Apologies for a lengthy post.
Thanks so much for this and getting us back on track after the interludes of the past while. I took your list and had some fun (for me) and put it all in a spreadsheet, please let me know if anyone wants anything added but feel free to check add your own dates as they come through.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/127de6t5A5Q3XzKBOIVHKjnE9Mn0-Xjl3EhYBB2D2epA/edit?usp=sharing
I'm not sure how much others can edit this, but I'd like to suggest you add a column for the FBR Team number. In earlier posts, it seemed some teams were processing many more applications than other teams.

I added a title to the blank column between input and calculations (Data sheet), but don't have permission to adjust the width or change the color to blue.

JuniorBatman
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by JuniorBatman » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:05 pm

Angelo_2019 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:43 pm
I'm not sure how much others can edit this, but I'd like to suggest you add a column for the FBR Team number. In earlier posts, it seemed some teams were processing many more applications than other teams.

I added a title to the blank column between input and calculations (Data sheet), but don't have permission to adjust the width or change the color to blue.
I'm curious - because I honestly don't know - but does knowing the team help at all? As far as I'm aware you don't find out until you are at the end of the process and I'm not sure we know how applications are allocated to team (is it random, geographic, related to circumstances?)

I'd been collecting the dates before lockdown trying to project my applications (I hadn't restarted, and someone else kindly saved me the effort! I've added my 60 or so sets of details to the spreadsheet because we should be very close to the end so I'll be disappearing). However, I don't recall people mentioning team that often, so if it's useful we should probably change the timeline template people use.

Mr_Knight
Mood:

Post by Mr_Knight » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:39 pm

Yeah I don't think FBR Team numbers are particularly relevant. Though not all teams are equal it seems. They work at different speeds. The members of each team are not likely to be the same people 1 or 2 years down the line anyway.

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:22 pm

Gingerillo wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:28 pm
After an eternity, I have just received my confirmation of address email. So they are definitely back on the case (or fed up with my Twitter enquiries).

Timeline

Online application: 5 November 2019
Confirmation of receipt of documents: 11 November 2019
Confirmation of address: 29 September 2021

RE printing & sending certificates, the email says the following:

“Please be advised there are still delays with all our services with FBR certificates taking between 6-8 weeks to be printed. Once printed you will receive email notification and documents will then be returned.”
Nice to see something getting process from Q4 of 2019, guess things are moving along a little bit behind the scenes. I'm Feb 2020, so still a bit of a wait for me I imagine.

Angelo_2019
United States of America

Post by Angelo_2019 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:32 am

JuniorBatman wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:05 pm
Angelo_2019 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:43 pm

I'm curious - because I honestly don't know - but does knowing the team help at all? As far as I'm aware you don't find out until you are at the end of the process and I'm not sure we know how applications are allocated to team (is it random, geographic, related to circumstances?)

I'd been collecting the dates before lockdown trying to project my applications (I hadn't restarted, and someone else kindly saved me the effort! I've added my 60 or so sets of details to the spreadsheet because we should be very close to the end so I'll be disappearing). However, I don't recall people mentioning team that often, so if it's useful we should probably change the timeline template people use.
Technically, you're right, none of the timeline or team information on this site will affect when or if the DFA decides to process an application, or affect their decision not to respond to requests other than imminent parenthood.

From past posts, the wait between the 1st address confirmation and later confirmations/congratulation emails/certificate receipts seemed to be much longer for some teams than others.

Given the interest in total FBR processing time (e.g. the spreadsheet), the team information might make it easier to guess how much longer the wait will be after confirmation, and to guess if some applications seem to be with teams that are not working on FBR or if the DFA decides to add more staff next year.

HPFA
Newly Registered

Post by HPFA » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:21 pm

wilfio wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:15 pm
Hi everyone,

I made my online FBR application in Oct 2020, however by the time I was able to get the documents witnessed the website updated to say that we shouldn't send our supporting documentation.

It's now coming up to a year since I paid the fee and did the application, however I still have all my documentation at home.

Should I just send it to them anyway? Will it actually be received and get stored somewhere?

Any advice would be much appreciated :)
I got the documents sent off just before they closed down (it might even have been a day or so after as I wasn't checking the website every day).

I assume the documents are held safely - they must have been aware some docs would be in transit when they shut down. I didn't get a receipt email (I understand that's normal) but I've kept the confirmation of delivery.

While I can't imagine they'd receive your documents and throw them in the bin I suppose if there was a problem they might turn round and say "well, you shouldn't have sent them anyway". So it might be safer to hang on to them.

PeteK
Newly Registered

Post by PeteK » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:46 am

That's me done! My FBR certificate arrived this morning:

Docs received - 12/nov/19
Confirmation of address phone call 30/aug/21
Congrats email 29/sep/21
Added to register 30/sep/21
FBR Recieved 04/10/21

TInFE
Newly Registered

Post by TInFE » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:42 pm

PeteK wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:46 am
Congratulations! that's ~690 days, be interesting to see if the times speed up from now on....

rickiclark
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by rickiclark » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:43 pm

Does ANYONE have ANY contact to directly request info from FBR? I seen some have been able to get responses from email, twitter, ect., but I cant seem to get the right one.
Been on queue since 3Oct19 ... trying to be patient... Thanks all!

Bun_123
Newly Registered

Post by Bun_123 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:50 pm

An update from the Minister of Foreign Affairs (not super informative but it seems they are under pressure to reopen):

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... 2%5D=birth

derekkn
Newly Registered

Post by derekkn » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:59 pm

PeteK wrote:

Congrats email 29/sep/21
FBR Recieved 04/10/21
That's encouraging! My docs were received on the 21st November 2019 and I haven't heard anything since. Hopefully not long...

rickiclark
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by rickiclark » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:16 pm

Thanks for posting that. what are we to do?? "A couple of weeks" before they can even *predict* a date when applications will begin processing again. ?? That IS unacceptable, imo. A right delayed is a right denied, no?
my acknowledgement email 3Oct19 said it could take up to 6 months to process my application. i understand the brexit increase, but lmao
By St. Patricks Day 2020, and things were fully shut down, I was alreay 5.5 months in waiting. So this has been the loooooongest 2 weeks of my life! lol.
Come on, at least say you're getting your people back in place on a certain date. Answer the phone. open the webchat. What are you actually doing Mr. Coveney?

Mr_Knight
Mood:

Post by Mr_Knight » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:53 pm

"More than 4,500 emergency FBR applications have been processed in 2021." -Simon Coveney
Thats quite impressive (if true) considering they have been completely shut down.
Also good to see the department of foreign affairs hiring staff specifically for FBR department.
(https://www.dfa.ie/about-us/working-wit ... -sC_Spa9Lg)

ripforreallldo
United States of America

Post by ripforreallldo » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:55 pm

so thankful that john brady is really putting the pressure on!! marriage, mortgage, kids all on hold…19 months and counting

Celtic67
Newly Registered

Post by Celtic67 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:31 pm

I got thru on webchat today and requested a stud update on my application dated 4.10.19 and was told to contact the FBR team. When I explained that it stated on their website to contact them for urgent enquiries they stated keep an eye on the FBR site it is ludicrous that we are all in limbo with no response and total neglect to contact from applicants. It is a disgraceful state of affairs and the minister in charge should be held accountable for the awful way that application have been ignored deliberately.Shameful behaviour not to at least answer status updates!

SLwlss
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by SLwlss » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:07 pm

Irish passport webchat today:

"Unfortunately FBR is closed until further notice. We have no update as to when it will recommence"

All I want to know at this stage is if we missed an email asking for further clarification or something.

SLwlss
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by SLwlss » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:11 pm

PeteK wrote:

Congrats email 29/sep/21
FBR Recieved 04/10/21
Congrats! hopefully the rest of the October 2019 ones will be soon too

Celtic67
Newly Registered

Post by Celtic67 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:08 pm

Just spoke with passport office and they stated they are planning to reopen FBR on the 22nd October finally! I feel really pleased someone replied with an answer at last

Mooncoin2021
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mooncoin2021 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:46 pm

That’s great news. I have an Irish passport but my daughter applied for FBR in April 2020 and since then has heard nothing at all. Looking like sometime in 2022 maybe before hers is processed…
Hoping someone can post the email address they use to make contact regarding acknowledging receipt of applications. Then I will get her to do a good search. Thanks 👍🏻

Fbrlad
Aruba

Post by Fbrlad » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:48 pm

Anyone received the congrats email without tracking number or how long it takes to arrive?

Doddyod
Newly Registered

Post by Doddyod » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:10 pm

Passport finally printed and dispatched today!! Passport card being printed at the moment.

My Dates:
FBR Documents Accepted: 6th June 2019
FBR Confirmation of Address Email: 16th Oct 2020
Added to FBR register: 16th Oct 2020
FBR Congratulations Email: 21st Dec 2020
FBR Certificate Received: 29th Dec 2020

Passport Applied for: 12th Jan 2021
Passport dispatched: 7th October 2021
Passport in my Hands . . . . . . .

Total days, start to end(ish, not received the passport yet :-) ) = 854 days - 2 years 4 months

Anyone got any idea how quickly the delivery, once dispatched usually takes to the UK? Then again, after over 2 years a few more days should not be a worry :-)

jamiepompey
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jamiepompey » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:13 pm

Doddyod wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:10 pm
Passport finally printed and dispatched today!! Passport card being printed at the moment.

My Dates:
FBR Documents Accepted: 6th June 2019
FBR Confirmation of Address Email: 16th Oct 2020
Added to FBR register: 16th Oct 2020
FBR Congratulations Email: 21st Dec 2020
FBR Certificate Received: 29th Dec 2020

Passport Applied for: 12th Jan 2021
Passport dispatched: 7th October 2021
Passport in my Hands . . . . . . .

Total days, start to end(ish, not received the passport yet :-) ) = 854 days - 2 years 4 months

Anyone got any idea how quickly the delivery, once dispatched usually takes to the UK? Then again, after over 2 years a few more days should not be a worry :-)
Should be with you in a week or so. Mine was.