ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GTV to ILR for dependents - bit urgent

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mkmn
Newly Registered
India

GTV to ILR for dependents - bit urgent

Post by mkmn » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:06 am

Hello Team
I need urgent advice for clarity, please. Apologies if this was discussed before.

I switched Tier 2 to GTV (exceptional talent - tech nation) and completed 3 years of residence in the UK in September (T2 general + GTV). My family lives with me as GTV dependents, they switched from T2 dependent to GTV dependents with me. My family joined me after my arrival and will complete 3 years in December.

I am eligible for the ILR, by GTV 3-year route.

1) Can my wife (Indian citizen) apply for ILR with me on the same application? Based on this https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... bal-talent (Appendix GT 27.1) i assume it's possible.
2) Can my child (US citizen) apply for ILR with me on the same application?
3) If they cannot apply for ILR with me, should they wait to complete 5 years extending GTV dependent visa?,

Thank you. Kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: GTV to ILR for dependents - bit urgent

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:11 am

Your dependents require 5 years residence on see dependent visas before they will qualify for ilr. This is mandatory.

The 3 year route ILR is only applicable to the main gtv visa holder and not the dependent spouse or child.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mkmn
Newly Registered
India

Post by mkmn » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:31 am

Hello CR001, thanks for your input

My dependent's GTV dependent visa expires in July 2022, so they should apply for GTV dependent extension even if I am on ILR by then?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:58 am

Yes. They apply for a GTV dependent extension shortly before their current visas expire. It will be a 3 year extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mkmn
Newly Registered
India

Post by mkmn » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:22 pm

Many thanks for the Advice.