ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa Advice

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

damnmad
Australia

Student Visa Advice

Post by damnmad » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:26 pm

Hello all,

I'm asking this for my brother, who is planning to come to uk for studies. We have some concerns in understanding and the information we are supposed to share with UKVI as part of his University and Visa Applications respectively.

I am his eldest brother, settled in UK, we actually paid his visa fee in full and the maintanance money are deposited in our fathers bank account. Currently waiting for the funds to pass the 28 day mark, then apply for CAS and then the Visa.

* My question is, would it be ok to mention any of my details expressing that my brother has my full support for his course, that I also paid his fee and he can/will stay with us (as we live in 7 mile proximity to his university) or would it make his application weak in any sense? I mean mention this in any of the forms like Genuine Intention Study, Visa form or any covering letters for that matter?

* We deposited the maintanance amount required for his course on 23rd August and assuming that by 19th September 28 full days will be completed (please do correct me if I am wrong), we are planning to use the bank statement, covering letter from bank dated 20th Sept as proof of evidence. Guessing that should be enough but want to make sure that our understanding of the rules is inline with the ask whilst calculating the 28 day period and when we can actually use it.

Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks & Kind Regards
Never mind!!!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Student Visa Advice

Post by sah10406 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:27 pm

damnmad wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:26 pm
* My question is, would it be ok to mention any of my details expressing that my brother has my full support for his course, that I also paid his fee and he can/will stay with us (as we live in 7 mile proximity to his university) or would it make his application weak in any sense? I mean mention this in any of the forms like Genuine Intention Study, Visa form or any covering letters for that matter?
No, this is irrelevant to his application and has no bearing on any aspect of his eligibility for the visa. The form and guidance specifically ask applicants to not pad their application with covering letters or other irrelevant documents.
damnmad wrote:
* We deposited the maintanance amount required for his course on 23rd August and assuming that by 19th September 28 full days will be completed (please do correct me if I am wrong), we are planning to use the bank statement, covering letter from bank dated 20th Sept as proof of evidence. Guessing that should be enough but want to make sure that our understanding of the rules is inline with the ask whilst calculating the 28 day period and when we can actually use it.
There is no calculation. You seem to be over-thinking this, and your own role in the application. Any evidence the applicant shows must show that the money has been in place for 28 days. If day 1 is 23 August, he can figure out day 28 accordingly.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

damnmad
Australia

Post by damnmad » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:25 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:27 pm
damnmad wrote:
No, this is irrelevant to his application and has no bearing on any aspect of his eligibility for the visa. The form and guidance specifically ask applicants to not pad their application with covering letters or other irrelevant documents.
damnmad wrote:
There is no calculation. You seem to be over-thinking this, and your own role in the application. Any evidence the applicant shows must show that the money has been in place for 28 days. If day 1 is 23 August, he can figure out day 28 accordingly.
Thanks for your reply, I understand your points and you might be right about over thinking about application and my role, but I am just trying to make sure we aren't missing anything based on my brother's circumstances.
Never mind!!!

damnmad
Australia

Post by damnmad » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:52 pm

Just a quick update and a question.

My brother applied for CAS request 2 weeks back, there was no interview or update from Uni. After few chasing calls University told him that there is a huge delay with CAS issue process, he will be given credentials to enroll and attend classes online (course start in 2nd week on Nov), once the CAS is issued then he can apply for visa.

Is it ok to apply for visa even after the start date, there won't be any issues right? I mean it won't have any impact on his future 'Graduate Visa' application as long as he completes the course in time and in country?

We don't know whether we are over thinking but my brother is little worried, I'm just trying to seek some information to make sure we are not excluding anything important here.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thannks.
Never mind!!!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:04 pm

damnmad wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:52 pm
We don't know whether we are over thinking this ...
You are.

If your brother has concerns, he should speak to the university about them. With respect, you do rather appear to be fanning the flames of his misplaced anxiety.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

damnmad
Australia

Post by damnmad » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:15 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:04 pm
damnmad wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:52 pm
We don't know whether we are over thinking this ...
You are.

If your brother has concerns, he should speak to the university about them. With respect, you do rather appear to be fanning the flames of his misplaced anxiety.
I understand that you think so and I respect your opinion.

He is following up & chasing the Uni about his application, that's when he came to know about enrolling online and delay with CAS issuing process.

Based on the outcomes from his conversations with his Uni, I'm trying to see if I can find any information about applying for his visa after start date has any problem or not as we both haven't found any information online. Anyways, I'll leave it to him, thanks for your response.
Never mind!!!

Theresa2022
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by Theresa2022 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:53 pm

Your brother should be fine as long as he travels to UK by first few months in 2022. Continue chasing university for the CAS though, there may be delays in processing the visa.

Theresa2022
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by Theresa2022 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:56 pm

Are you sure that the university is a licensed student visa sponsor?

damnmad
Australia

Post by damnmad » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:17 am

Thanks for your reply, appreciate it very much. He will continue chasing them for CAS and for the next further steps.

That's a good question, we have cross checked the sponsors list and I can see that name as of today too.

Link : https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... sv/preview
Never mind!!!