ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Verification checks form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

stegio80

10 year employment history and parking/fixed penalties abroad

Post by stegio80 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:19 pm

Hello,
I am filling in the application form for naturalisation. I will be eligible from November but I've started filling it in already. I have two questions:

- The form requires to insert details of my employment history of the last 10 years. However, I've been in the UK only 6 years. Do I need to add 4 years of employment history abroad? If so, it will be a bit complicated for me to collect pieces of evidence.

- The form asks for "A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance". Are parking fines received abroad included?

Thanks for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 10 year employment history and parking/fixed penalties abroad

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:35 pm

- The form requires to insert details of my employment history of the last 10 years. However, I've been in the UK only 6 years. Do I need to add 4 years of employment history abroad? If so, it will be a bit complicated for me to collect pieces of evidence.
I am fairly certain the form says something like '.....last 10 years or since you have been in the UK'. Home Office is NOT interested in your employment abroad.
- The form asks for "A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance". Are parking fines received abroad included?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

stegio80

Post by stegio80 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:01 pm

Thank you for this! Is "the tax office reference number" the PAYE employment reference? I have a number XXX/XX on my payslip called "tax reference" but not sure if it's what the HO wants.
CR001 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:35 pm
I am fairly certain the form says something like '.....last 10 years or since you have been in the UK'. Home Office is NOT interested in your employment abroad.
No.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:49 pm

stegio80 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:01 pm
Thank you for this! Is "the tax office reference number" the PAYE employment reference? I have a number XXX/XX on my payslip called "tax reference" but not sure if it's what the HO wants.
That is the correct number to quote - it should be same ref number as on your P60s.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

stegio80

Post by stegio80 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:16 pm

Thank you for this.

I am filling in the part about trips outside the UK.
The issue is that during several trips, I left the UK but visited different countries during the same trip before coming back to the UK. Should I write down only the first country I visited after flying from the UK or all of them?

For instance, I left the UK for Switzerland on July 10, on July 13 I went to Germany from Switzerland, then to Ukraine from Germany on July 16, and then back to the UK on July 21.
Should I write the following on the form:
Switzerland: July 10-July 13
Germany: July 13-July 16
Ukraine: July 16-July 21

OR just Switzerland: July 10-July 21?
alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:49 pm
stegio80 wrote:
That is the correct number to quote - it should be same ref number as on your P60s.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:43 pm

In the form just show the first country and the number of total days.
For peace of mind you could attach the detailed listing showing all countries.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

stegio80

Post by stegio80 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:47 pm

Does a 1 year master of laws obtained at Queen Mary - University of London in 2010 suffice to prove my knowledge of English?

Many thanks
alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:49 pm
stegio80 wrote:

stegio80

Post by stegio80 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:48 pm

I split the trip into pieces as shown before and I'd attach all the flights. Would this also be an option?
alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:43 pm

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:50 pm

stegio80 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:48 pm
I split the trip into pieces as shown before and I'd attach all the flights. Would this also be an option?
alterhase58 wrote:
Not sure what you mean by "flights" - there is no requirement to prove the travel dates, i.e. with tickets.

stegio80

Post by stegio80 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:53 pm

What I mean is, by providing the flight tickets, I can show that I visited different countries during the same trip without coming back to the UK. Not sure it makes sense? Or better not?

Also, does a 1 year master of laws obtained at Queen Mary - University of London in 2010 suffice to prove my knowledge of English? Seemed so to me.

Many thanks fo your help.
alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:50 pm
stegio80 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:48 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
Not sure what you mean by "flights" - there is no requirement to prove the travel dates, i.e. with tickets.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:59 pm

You are free to include additional data/documents if you wish.
Not sure about the Masters (1 year) for English proof - perhaps others could comment on this one.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:14 am

stegio80 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:47 pm
Does a 1 year master of laws obtained at Queen Mary - University of London in 2010 suffice to prove my knowledge of English?
Did you complete the course and were you awarded a degree on that basis? If yes, then yes, you can use it to prove your knowledge of English.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

stegio80

Post by stegio80 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:07 am

Yes, I did. It was a Master in Law. Thank you!

Once I have submitted the application, is there a maximum time I can wait between the application and the fingerprint/documents appointment?
I am asking before I am planning to get the letter from my employer (and the references) AFTER my application. My employer is a big one so it might take a maximum of two weeks. I'd like to ask for such a letter after the application so it is as recent as possible. What do you think?
secret.simon wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:14 am
stegio80 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:47 pm
Did you complete the course and were you awarded a degree on that basis? If yes, then yes, you can use it to prove your knowledge of English.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:49 am

Personally I would contact your employers' HR now - did it myself (multi-national employer) so letter was dated before my application (via paper form at the time). Note this is for proving residency, not employment. With important processes I always advise to factor in extra time in case of unforeseen events. Same can be done with referees. For time between submission and biometrics please check the UKVCAS website.

stegio80

Post by stegio80 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:56 am

I thought it would make more sense when I become eligible. Although I am filling the form in only now, I will be eligible only from November 12, so I thought it's better if those documents are dated after I apply or, at least, after I become eligible.
alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:49 am
Personally I would contact your employers' HR now - did it myself (multi-national employer) so letter was dated before my application (via paper form at the time). Note this is for proving residency, not employment. With important processes I always advise to factor in extra time in case of unforeseen events. Same can be done with referees. For time between submission and biometrics please check the UKVCAS website.

stegio80

Marital status "unmarried partner"

Post by stegio80 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:25 pm

Good evening,
I've completed the naturalisation application but I have some doubts about the marital status part of the form. I am wondering if someone can tell me what kind of impact the marital status can have on the application.
I currently have girlfriend but I was tempted to leave the marital status as "single". She doesn't live in the UK.
Probably, my status would be "unmarried partner" . Would "unmarried partner" be applicable only to couples living together? On the other hand, if I put "single", I am wondering if this can have an impact on her future visa applications for the UK as I'd declare to be single in the naturalisation application.
Would I need to provide any supporting document if I go for "unmarried partner" or not? The application form doesn't ask for the name of the partner.
Could anyone help?
Many thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Marital status "unmarried partner"

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:34 pm

Marital status has no impact on the naturalisation applications - UKVI do not judge you on your arrangements. For future visa applications for your girlfriend she will have to satisfy the immigration requirements in force at the time. You don't have to provide documents proving marital status.

stegio80

Post by stegio80 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:37 pm

So I guess it's fine if I just put "unmarried partner"?

Thanks
alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:34 pm
Marital status has no impact on the naturalisation applications - UKVI do not judge you on your arrangements. For future visa applications for your girlfriend she will have to satisfy the immigration requirements in force at the time. You don't have to provide documents proving marital status.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:40 pm

I guess so too.

stegio80

Post by stegio80 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:45 pm

Thank you. I was a little bit concerned about answering the question.
alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:40 pm
I guess so too.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:05 am

I have not seen any reports about applicants having issues around this topic, i.e. UKVI questioning the details.

stegio80

Post by stegio80 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:22 pm

Thank you for this. How can I prove that I have settled status? There is no paper document to prove it.
alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:05 am
I have not seen any reports about applicants having issues around this topic, i.e. UKVI questioning the details.

stegio80

Proof of Settled Status for Naturalisation

Post by stegio80 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:08 pm

Good afternoon,
In the naturalisation application, I am asked if I am a EU citizen and if I used my Indefinite Leave to Remain, including ILR granted under the EU Settlement Scheme, to apply for British Citizenship. I put "yes" and added the date when my Settled Status was granted.
However, there is no card or paper proof of it, apart from the letter sent to me by email, which is not supposed to be used to prove the Settled Status. I can also create a code for employers or landlords lasting 30 days. It can be used to check my status.
What can I use as a proof to add to my application? Or is it not necessary as the Home Office can see my Settled Status?
Many thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Proof of Settled Status for Naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:20 pm

UKVI can see on their system that you have settled status - they issued it to you in the first place.
However, if you wish, you could attach the letter/email advising you that you were granted EUSS.

stegio80

Re: Proof of Settled Status for Naturalisation

Post by stegio80 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:34 pm

Thanks.

Does it matter if I apply just a week after the twelve month period after getting settled status has been completed? I guess the twelve month period includes absence. I will be eligible on November 15, 2021. I received settle status on November 15, 2020. I want to apply on November 22. My absences are well below the 90 days.
I also read discussions about employment gaps and insurance. I arrived in the UK on November 5, 2015 and started working on December 7, 2015. From that moment on I had only two gaps of 4 days. I received settled status on November 15, 2020. The fact I didn't work for a month and I had two gaps of four days, would that affect my eligibility to apply for naturalisation around November 25?
alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:20 pm
UKVI can see on their system that you have settled status - they issued it to you in the first place.
However, if you wish, you could attach the letter/email advising you that you were granted EUSS.