ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding EU citizen dependent

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JokersTime
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Regarding EU citizen dependent

Post by JokersTime » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:38 am

Hi,

I am Bulgarian citizen and my partner is living in the Turkey. I have pre settled status here as a self employed. So I want to take my partner and her kid(14 years old) to live here in the UK with me.

Does she need to get English an exam(A1 level) which I have heard ?

Is there any details about her as well about costs and eligibility ?

Can you help me with that please

Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Regarding EU citizen dependent

Post by secret.simon » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:19 am

Are you married to your partner? if yes, did the marriage take place before or after 31st December 2020?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

JokersTime
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by JokersTime » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:41 am

We are not married but we are in a relationship before 31 December 2020.

It is nearly 2 years now. But if it is necessary i can and go marry there with her in Turkey.

But it will be taking lots of time as i am working in the UK.

Can i have the permission for her so once is here we can do the marriage anyways?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:59 am

To the best of my knowledge, for your partner to qualify under the EU Settled Status Scheme, either the marriage needs to have taken place before 31st December 2020 OR the relationship needs to have been a durable relationship (a relationship akin to marriage, with shared bills and joint finances) for two years before 31st December 2020.

As you are not married yet, you would have to rely on the latter option. Would you have proof of having lived together, with joint finances and bills, for two years before 31st December 2020?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:33 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:59 am
To the best of my knowledge, for your partner to qualify under the EU Settled Status Scheme, either the marriage needs to have taken place before 31st December 2020 OR the relationship needs to have been a durable relationship (a relationship akin to marriage, with shared bills and joint finances) for two years before 31st December 2020.

As you are not married yet, you would have to rely on the latter option. Would you have proof of having lived together, with joint finances and bills, for two years before 31st December 2020?
The relationship needs to be durable, not necessarily of 2 years duration before 31-12.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

JokersTime
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by JokersTime » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:14 pm

I have proof that our relationship is started nearly 2 years ago. So can i make the application with this route than is there a link for that ? Also does my partner needs to pass English lesson and the kid is only 14 years old she is exempt than ? I am looking to cost if i can manage to do that.

Thanks for answers

JokersTime
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by JokersTime » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:45 am

JokersTime wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:14 pm
I have proof that our relationship is started nearly 2 years ago. So can i make the application with this route than is there a link for that ? Also does my partner needs to pass English lesson and the kid is only 14 years old she is exempt than ? I am looking to cost if i can manage to do that.

Thanks for answers
Does my partner need English language test?

What are the costs ?

Any idea ?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:26 am

JokersTime wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:45 am
JokersTime wrote:

Thanks for answers

What are the costs ?

Any idea ?

Thanks
The EU Settled Status Scheme doesn't require English tests.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

JokersTime
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by JokersTime » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:08 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:26 am
JokersTime wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:45 am
JokersTime wrote:

Thanks for answers

What are the costs ?

Any idea ?

Thanks
The EU Settled Status Scheme doesn't require English tests.
Is there any costs ?

And my partner and I we have been relationship nearly 2 years is she eligible to do the application under EEA family permit or is there any other visa type?