ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adding dependants on spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bobthebest
BANNED
Mood:

Adding dependants on spouse visa

Post by Bobthebest » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:44 pm

Hi, I'm looking to bring my 3 children to the UK at the same time as my application to extend my spouse visa. Can anyone advise on what form I should use? I have sole responsibility of the children. Is it right this has to be done in my home country of Ghana?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Adding dependants on spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:57 pm

You apply for your extension and once granted, you apply for the children abroad for entry clearance.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bobthebest
BANNED
Mood:

Post by Bobthebest » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:19 pm

Can this be done by my sponsor who is step dad? And is financial income still joined together with mine?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:38 pm

Your spouse is the sponsor and needs to meet the financial requirements.

In a previous post you stated 2 of your children are adopted. Have they been adopted under the Hague convention? Are they adopted from a family member?

immigration-for-family-members/spouse-v ... l#p1994265
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:53 pm

Bobthebest wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:19 pm
Can this be done by my sponsor who is step dad?
CR001 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:38 pm
Your spouse is the sponsor and needs to meet the financial requirements.
I think (I could be wrong) that the OP means to ask if her spouse, the children's step-father, can sponsor them as well.

And the answer is yes. He (and you) would need to meet the financial requirements to sponsor the children.

Keep in mind that if three children need to be sponsored in addition to a partner, the financial requirements go up to an annual income of £27,200/liquid savings of £84,000.

If the children were adopted in Ghana, when were they adopted?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Bobthebest
BANNED
Mood:

Post by Bobthebest » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:01 pm

2 of the children were adopted but that has been changed to im the mother of them all now. In doing the flr m form I don't add dependants on it, as that's only in the UK right? Also any supporting documents for the sole responsibility of the children go on appendix FM afterwards?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:45 pm

You haven't really answered the questions about the 2 adopted children and it is quite important for immigration purposes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Bobthebest
BANNED
Mood:

Post by Bobthebest » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:18 am

They are not adopted children now, that part is not applicable now.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:47 am

Bobthebest wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:18 am
They are not adopted children now
There is not "now" when it comes to adoption.

Adoption status is for life. If they have been adopted by legal procedure, that status will be relevant for their lifetime and may even impact their children.

Have they been adopted by court order in Ghana and if so, when were they adopted? That can impact their legal status and their immigration journey.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:38 am

OP needs to understand that to get as much helpful advice as possible you need to be clear about the circumstances of your application or of those on whose behalf you are acting or asking.

Bobthebest
BANNED
Mood:

Post by Bobthebest » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:24 pm

The adopted children are biological children of me now, birth certificates etc all changed. They are not known as adopted anymore. Thank you for advise but looking at bringing 3 dependents not adopted children.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:22 pm

They are not you biological children. They will always be your adopted children.

It is normal process for birth certs to be amended after adoption. That doesn't make them your biological children though.

Who did you adopt them from?

It is crucial in regards to adopted children that you followed the due process and Hague convention adoption otherwise they will not qualify for a visa. This is why we have asked the specific questions that we have asked
Char (CR001 not Casa)